Do i have a faulty xbox?

#1saleonkennedyPosted 7/25/2014 11:46:04 PM
It mainly happens when i am playing fifa 14 but when i am playing the game, my xbox randomly kicks me to the dashboard and my game session is over. I bought it day one but i just wanted to see if fifa was a special game or if others are having similar problems
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#2myshPosted 7/25/2014 11:55:49 PM
Happened to me a few times in Forza.
---
XBL GT: mysh
#3StoneColdPlayaPosted 7/26/2014 12:02:02 AM
Happened to me multiple times on Battlefield 4, but that games a glitchfest anyway.
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#4PoweredMilkManPosted 7/26/2014 12:42:15 AM
StoneColdPlaya posted...
Happened to me multiple times on Battlefield 4, but that games a glitchfest anyway.

Bf4 did it all the freaking time. I've had it happen once in dr3
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#5crynryanPosted 7/26/2014 12:46:44 AM
I need to save this explanation so every time this question comes up I don't have to spend as much time giving the same answer. Not trying to come off as harsh at all, just so many people think this is a problem with their console and not the game they're playing.

When your game freezes, crashes, quits, locks up, etc, it will just kick you back to the dashboard instead of locking up your entire console which requires a full restart. Much better this way, although the way Microsoft did it does make you wonder the first time it happens about why it happened. I wish there'd been a system that Sony had with the Vita where you could report the crash and give an explanation about what you were doing.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6saleonkennedy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2014 5:33:32 PM
crynryan posted...
I need to save this explanation so every time this question comes up I don't have to spend as much time giving the same answer. Not trying to come off as harsh at all, just so many people think this is a problem with their console and not the game they're playing.

When your game freezes, crashes, quits, locks up, etc, it will just kick you back to the dashboard instead of locking up your entire console which requires a full restart. Much better this way, although the way Microsoft did it does make you wonder the first time it happens about why it happened. I wish there'd been a system that Sony had with the Vita where you could report the crash and give an explanation about what you were doing.
i appreciate you writing it out again. Fifa crashes all the time i guess. I just hope future xbox one games dont have this problem like halo master chief collection.
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#7Laylow12Posted 7/26/2014 6:53:37 PM
If multiple games are doing it, it sounds like a console issue. Especially if it happens more than once and with different games on the same console.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/26/2014 7:07:35 PM(edited)
You need to make sure you quit all apps and games before ok 're starting a game and it will never happen again. On the dash screen press what's normally the start button on the controller scroll down to quit on everything that has quit as an option. It's not the console, you're running to many things ad it crashes back to the dash. Took me a few days to discover this.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9redeyes6778Posted 7/26/2014 7:15:18 PM
Not even one year and already we have an RROD situation already?
#10kennyynnooPosted 7/26/2014 7:19:22 PM
redeyes6778 posted...
Not even one year and already we have an RROD situation already?

No it crashes to the dash if you l Have v to , many apps and games left open like I replied above.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.