EXPERIENCED XBOX USERS ONLY! PLEASE HELP!....(its real long)

#1robb226Posted 7/26/2014 10:11:49 PM
so guys, thanks in advance for the help, but I've been having problems with my xbox one. I play a lot of UFC on Xbox one I have a headset and I updated my controller with the headset adapter so on and so forth..

Sense the update...nightmares...i had minor issues with the controller turning on and off rapidly.."press a to reconnect", doesn't usually turn all the way off..just discos and reconnects wen i press a almost immeaditly. Once i did the controller update 4 my headset, the problem became unbearable...playing ufc, the controller would disconnect and reconnect 5-10 times a fight sometimes, and freeze my console, weather i had the headset on or not. im a tech with a network degree..i build computers...fix em, etc...so im a good trouble shooter...i gave the controller to a friend to use on his system, no issue, i use my new in the box backup, not updated controller...pretty smooth, but still had system freeze and occassional disconnect of controller.

This told me it was likely my console, and i choose to let microsoft put a 400+ dollar hold on my account, and swap the unit, under warranty, advanced exchange. I get my controller back..sync it up...all of a sudden i play for an hour with no issue, and i cannot cancel my request at this point..stupid policy, i made the request a few hours ago.

SO...THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO WERE KIND ENOUGH TO READ THAT NOVEL (I have something to offer for the guy who really cares and likes helping people the way i do)

HAS ANY1 ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR?!?

advice, experience doing and exchange..anything would be helpful..
#2XboxDruggiePosted 7/27/2014 12:30:53 AM
Have not encountered this issue, I did the controller update for a pair of Turtle Beach XO Fours then for a pair of the MS Stereo Headset. The update was to the same controller; but have not experienced anything to the extent to which you have.

Have you tried shutting the console down, then unplugging it for about 10 minutes for it to reset? That may fix the issue your dealing with. Sorry it's not much but hopefully it's something.
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#3PoweredMilkManPosted 7/27/2014 12:32:33 AM
Hard reset and reupdate the controller.
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#4oldhbk76Posted 7/27/2014 1:41:14 AM
Never had that problem or any problem with my xbox one knock on wood
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#5garydavexxxPosted 7/27/2014 1:48:10 AM
It's interference from other electrical devices in your home, the X1 controllers operates at a similar frequency to many things.

TV REMOTES
WIRELESS ROUTES/HUBS
CELL PHONES
WASHING MACHINES
RADIOS
POWER LINES

The list is pretty much endless, all you can do is try to position yourself away from other devices the best you can
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#6DojoMaxPosted 7/27/2014 3:24:44 AM
TLDR
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#7PS4alwaysPosted 7/27/2014 4:31:40 AM
DojoMax posted...
TLDR

You people are insane.
You're too lazy to read more than one sentence but you still comment on it.

If you're too lazy to read it, then STFU.
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/27/2014 4:32:57 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Hard reset and reupdate the controller.

---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9slowdog76Posted 7/27/2014 4:35:23 AM
i think i may know what this is.

the controller is acting the exact same way as mine.....when i inadvertently press the button at the top of the controller that connects controller to console.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#10nb003_99Posted 7/27/2014 4:37:33 AM
you have trouble(shot/shooted?)
Good luck
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji