Thinking about buying an Xbox One but wondering...

#1IkzaiPosted 7/26/2014 10:44:44 PM
I use to play on my cousins Xbox 360 years back. I remember the gamertag but have no clue what email is associated with it or anything. Is that account lost forever? I would love to get it back. I had around 11,000 gamerscore plus a lot of memories.

As for my next question would you guys suggest the Kinect or Kinectless console? I was leaning towards the Kinect one but have no idea if its worth the extra hundred.
---
Poke!
Can you dig it?
#2a687947Posted 7/26/2014 10:46:21 PM
If you used your actual personal info when making the account you should be able to recover it, I'd try the normal recovery steps and if those don't work contact MS support
#3shauntenninePosted 7/26/2014 10:52:10 PM
Kinectless. Unless your happy to give the NSA a window into your bedroom. In which case you go with kinect for sure.
#4Sith JediPosted 7/26/2014 10:55:12 PM(edited)
Try any MSN, Hotmail or Outlook emails you have...I'd be surprised if you have more than one of any of those since they suck. As for Kinect, it makes navigation MUCH easier with voice commands. They're pretty useful for TV functions too. Especially if you have roommates. If the game suddenly gets loud with explosions (which are usually the parts that need full attention), "Xbox volume down."

Edit: And if you're a tinfoil hat aficionado like the poster above me, the NSA can be defeated by a high tech piece of equipment by the common name of tape.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#5a687947Posted 7/26/2014 10:53:32 PM
shauntennine posted...
Kinectless. Unless your happy to give the NSA a window into your bedroom. In which case you go with kinect for sure.

Don't listen to him ^ he's special
#6Ikzai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2014 11:36:45 PM
I'm not really worried about the NSA... I mean it sucks they spy but i can just put something over the lense if it bothers me. The voice commands sound awesome! Are they reliable or is it something where you have to repeat yourself a lot?

I will probably have to call support and see. It was none of the emails I remember having. The name of my old gamertag is the same as my PSN gamertag and I'd like to be the same across both.
---
Poke!
Can you dig it?
#7shauntenninePosted 7/26/2014 11:43:05 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Try any MSN, Hotmail or Outlook emails you have...I'd be surprised if you have more than one of any of those since they suck. As for Kinect, it makes navigation MUCH easier with voice commands. They're pretty useful for TV functions too. Especially if you have roommates. If the game suddenly gets loud with explosions (which are usually the parts that need full attention), "Xbox volume down."

Edit: And if you're a tinfoil hat aficionado like the poster above me, the NSA can be defeated by a high tech piece of equipment by the common name of tape.

Yes, all you need is tape and they can't hear what goes on in the privacy of your home!
#8Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/26/2014 11:45:45 PM
The first question is answered already so I will answer the second question.

You might as well get the one with Kinect so you can enjoy all current and future features the Xbox One has to offer. In my opinion, the Kinect is what makes the Xbox One differ from the PS4. Without a Kinect, it would be a better idea to go with PlayStation. I got a Kinect Xbox 360 for Christmas 2010 and a Kinect Xbox One just a month ago so I already have a mindset that Xbox IS Kinect, kind of like how Wii is the Wiimote and the DS is two screens. If you do choose to get one, buy the Kinect TV mount so you can set it right on top of your TV.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#9Sith JediPosted 7/26/2014 11:50:38 PM
Ikzai posted...
I'm not really worried about the NSA... I mean it sucks they spy but i can just put something over the lense if it bothers me. The voice commands sound awesome! Are they reliable or is it something where you have to repeat yourself a lot?

I will probably have to call support and see. It was none of the emails I remember having. The name of my old gamertag is the same as my PSN gamertag and I'd like to be the same across both.

Literally the only command I have problems with is, "Xbox on."

Everything else is flawless (barring accents, impediments or soft speakers).
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#10wskingwsPosted 7/27/2014 12:23:10 AM(edited)
Kinectless. The only thing I ever use my kinect for is to auto sign in but then again English isn't my first language so yeah I don't bother with the voice commands since 99% of the time it has no clue what I'm trying to say.
---
I am the voice of reason.