It is time for an amerian company to be #1 in the video game industry

#1ZatchBellPosted 7/27/2014 9:30:32 AM(edited)
You have to go all the way back to Atari to find the last time an american company dominated the video game industry. Ever since the crash of '83 Japan has dominated the industry in terms of hardware, whether it be Nintendo or Sony. Japan used to dominate software as well, it wasn't until the original xbox launched that western games had the impact and sales that games from Japan have had. The HD era(PS3, xbox 360) completely changed the software side and now western developers are way ahead of japan in terms of software. It's time for the same to happen with hardware, xbox one is a better system than ps4 or wii u and has a great line up of games, it's time for americans to get behind xbox and make it #1.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#2ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/27/2014 9:37:53 AM
Whoever makes the best product and the best games deserves to be number one. Country of origin does not matter. A good product is a good product regardless of where it comes from.
---
Valar morghulis
#3spacejamjordanzPosted 7/27/2014 9:39:17 AM
Country of origin is irrelevant. The brand that appeals to the most consumers will be #1. That's it. Your Xbox wasn't even manufactured in the US. That alone throws that misplaced sense of nationality out the window.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#4puffnbillys420Posted 7/27/2014 9:49:15 AM
Hahaha wtf
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#5NeoAndurilPosted 7/27/2014 9:56:34 AM
xb1 consoles are made in China. It's time the ignorance of xb1 trolls ends.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#6Abiz_Posted 7/27/2014 10:20:14 AM
There is a made in china sticker on the XB1.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#7mygoodluckcharmPosted 7/27/2014 10:57:46 AM
ZatchBell posted...
You have to go all the way back to Atari to find the last time an american company dominated the video game industry. Ever since the crash of '83 Japan has dominated the industry in terms of hardware, whether it be Nintendo or Sony. Japan used to dominate software as well, it wasn't until the original xbox launched that western games had the impact and sales that games from Japan have had. The HD era(PS3, xbox 360) completely changed the software side and now western developers are way ahead of japan in terms of software. It's time for the same to happen with hardware, xbox one is a better system than ps4 or wii u and has a great line up of games, it's time for americans to get behind xbox and make it #1.

Too bad it's not true by any considerable metrics. Hardware-wise The XBone still behind PS4, and behind Nintendo software-wise. But I give Microsoft credits for it's online service though.
#8TBONE_OGPosted 7/27/2014 11:24:59 AM
I get flamed for this a lot, but one little reason on a long list of why I prefer Xbox/MS... is in fact that's it's an American company.

I'm American and I like to buy American products. They should be able to cater to my needs. And they do.

Now for those kids who say, "it's made in China", I know this. Basically everything is made in China. I'm not pumped about it, but that's the deal right now. Hopefully times change in the future.

But that's just MANUFACTURED. Everything else is done in America. So stop bringing it up because it's a moot point.
---
Always O.G.
#9spacejamjordanzPosted 7/27/2014 11:38:21 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
I get flamed for this a lot, but one little reason on a long list of why I prefer Xbox/MS... is in fact that's it's an American company.

I'm American and I like to buy American products. They should be able to cater to my needs. And they do.

Now for those kids who say, "it's made in China", I know this. Basically everything is made in China. I'm not pumped about it, but that's the deal right now. Hopefully times change in the future.

But that's just MANUFACTURED. Everything else is done in America. So stop bringing it up because it's a moot point.

It is the fact that they aren't made in America that makes the sense nationalism in these products a moot point.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/27/2014 11:38:36 AM
it's things like this that makes every other country hate Americans
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."