Why does Destiny's 6v6 get a pass but not Titanfall?

#61PlzstopflamingPosted 7/27/2014 6:12:47 PM
I'm confused at how.you guys are creating an issue for destiny (creator of halo and 4v4 being their personal competitive norm) being 6v6 when that isn't even their style. The most they have ever had was 8v8. You can't just slam 16v16 in any game. Or blame system issues on it. The 20 people complaining about no 12v12 will be a mist in the background of the hordes of people telling about how unfair it is. Games like this need a medium between fun and balance. What you think is fun is subjective. They need to appeal to the masses and 16v16 or 12v12 will not do that.
#62TheWorm38Posted 7/27/2014 6:18:02 PM(edited)
Probably because you can't win games by killing only bots.....titanfall was fun for awhile but it got to the point where I generally didn't give a rats ass if I won a match or not because it didn't feel competitive.
---
"when arguing with a fool make sure they are not doing the same thing"-The Dalai Lama.
#63TheBorderColliePosted 7/27/2014 6:39:28 PM
dnmt posted...
Where is it getting love, exactly? People have been ripping on Destiny's PVP quite a bit and on these very forums no less. Regardless I think the PVE more than makes up for any shortcomings in the PVP department, which you'll note TF has none of. Oh and TF is one of the most dated-looking games released this year while Destiny looks amazing.

LOL. It's Comedy Night, folks....
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#64ADHDguitarPosted 7/27/2014 6:45:52 PM
Destiny is on PS4.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#65XanthielXPosted 7/30/2014 5:03:58 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Jesus Christ, you guys aren't going to accept any valid reason. Both the fact that Destiny has an actual storyline that doesn't depend on team deathmatch and that there's pve are both valid reasons. Botzone is valid too, but not as high as the other two. You know it's on the XOne, right? You guys are treating it like it's a PS4 exclusive the way you're dogging on it.

Qft, basically summarises the main points and even includes my frustration at the general lack of ability of some people to understand concerns with TF beyond "it is an Xbox exclusive so the ponies insult it 24/7" (which probably has some truth, but certainly no more so than legitimate reasons)
---
PSN/Steam: Xanthiel
Gamertag: XanthielX
#66MrImpatient35Posted 7/30/2014 5:32:41 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
There are a few theories, but the only correct answer is, Titanfall wasn't available to the PlayStation consoles.

As much as some would deny it (and there will be many from this point on, I think), it's the truth. :P

+1. I think that's what it is too, but I get "torn apart" for saying that lol. Trust me TC. That's the answer, as much as people will deny it. If Destiny was an X1 exclusive, people would complain about 6v6 not being next gen, one location per planet, only 20 levels, etc.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#67skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 5:34:07 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
There are a few theories, but the only correct answer is, Titanfall wasn't available to the PlayStation consoles.

As much as some would deny it (and there will be many from this point on, I think), it's the truth. :P

+1. I think that's what it is too, but I get "torn apart" for saying that lol. Trust me TC. That's the answer, as much as people will deny it. If Destiny was an X1 exclusive, people would complain about 6v6 not being next gen, one location per planet, only 20 levels, etc.

You are probably right..
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#68Exodus_PrimePosted 7/30/2014 5:59:33 AM
skermac posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

You are probably right..

Double right.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita