Is Borderlands better than Halo?

#11pnut3844Posted 7/27/2014 3:12:11 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Chyld989 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Borderlands > Halo
For every reason.

Every reason? Ok so what is your MP level for BL? Oh that's right they don't have deathmatch. You can't compare the two. Halo dominates online fps. Period. End of story. BL is a good rpg, but halo is the best online fps EVER. Topic closed.

I'm with Apex on this one (which makes me feel a little dirty). The fact that Borderlands doesn't have a Deathmatch isn't a negative in my book, it's just not the type of game it is. As for Halo being the best online FPS ever, that's 100% your opinion, and I 100% disagree with it.

It's not his opinion you dope. It's proven Halo is the best online fps ever. Your opinion just sucks.

Exactly. Everyone on this board obsesses over sales numbers, well look up halo sales numbers and you'll see the obvious.
#12Apex-PlayerPosted 7/27/2014 3:12:19 PM
stawg007 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Borderlands > Halo
For every reason.

Every reason? Ok so what is your MP level for BL? Oh that's right they don't have deathmatch. You can't compare the two. Halo dominates online fps. Period. End of story. BL is a good rpg, but halo is the best online fps EVER. Topic closed.

Ignore Apex, he hates everything MS

Wrong.
Halo is overrated though, personally think it was trashy.
Games story is weak fodder, played the first 3 games they were not memorable at all.
Brought this up awhile ago and was told 'you need to look online, look up the lore'
Awesome, a story that can't deliver in 3 connecting opportunities but yeah lets all look up lore online to justify that weak crap.

No, just because Halo has a deathmatch option does not make it better.
That's some pewpew players misconception of quality.
A game mode does not counter all the areas it lacks in.

Played the first 3 Halos and both Borderlands, there's no comparing the 2.
Borderlands is the better series.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#13a687947Posted 7/27/2014 3:19:46 PM
Halo is a lot better than borderlands ever will be
#14Chyld989Posted 7/27/2014 3:27:16 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
It's not his opinion you dope. It's proven Halo is the best online fps ever. Your opinion just sucks.

But...it is just an opinion. You know, that thing that can't be proven right or wrong. My opinion is that the Borderlands series is better than the Halo series, your opinion is that it isn't. Guess what, neither of us is right, and neither of us is wrong, because it's an opinion.

Apex-Player posted...
Games story is weak fodder, played the first 3 games they were not memorable at all.
Brought this up awhile ago and was told 'you need to look online, look up the lore'
Awesome, a story that can't deliver in 3 connecting opportunities but yeah lets all look up lore online to justify that weak crap.

Yes, all of these things.

The only thing I can say about Halo is that the series (though mostly just the first game) has introduced a bunch of good gameplay mechanics into the world of shooters, but that doesn't mean that the game itself was actually good.
#15TenzhiPosted 7/27/2014 3:46:14 PM
pnut3844 posted...

Every reason? Ok so what is your MP level for BL? Oh that's right they don't have deathmatch.

Yes, I'd say that is a reason Borderlands is better than Halo.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#16pnut3844Posted 7/27/2014 3:47:47 PM
Apex-Player posted...
stawg007 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Borderlands > Halo
For every reason.

Wrong.

Halo has one of the best sci fi stories of any games, especially fps. Name one fps that has a better story. Damn sure not cod. "Oh some foreign country and their army wants to invade us and start war, we must fight." Same boring sh*t, over and over and over.
#17Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/27/2014 3:53:30 PM
Turrent
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#18avanentPosted 7/27/2014 3:57:00 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Chyld989 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Borderlands > Halo
For every reason.

I'm with Apex on this one (which makes me feel a little dirty). The fact that Borderlands doesn't have a Deathmatch isn't a negative in my book, it's just not the type of game it is. As for Halo being the best online FPS ever, that's 100% your opinion, and I 100% disagree with it.

My opinion is better than your opinion. Rawr rawr rawr.
#19Chyld989Posted 7/27/2014 4:14:19 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Halo has one of the best sci fi stories of any games, especially fps. Name one fps that has a better story. Damn sure not cod. "Oh some foreign country and their army wants to invade us and start war, we must fight." Same boring sh*t, over and over and over.

I'm not saying that CoD has better stories than Halo, but if you over simplify it you can make any story sound terrible. For example, Halo's story: Oh, some alien race and their army wants to invade us and start a war, we must fight." See, over simplification doesn't do anyone any good.
#20Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/27/2014 4:22:11 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
stawg007 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Borderlands > Halo
For every reason.

Wrong.

bioshock is pretty high up there.In terms of story It's a tie for me between the two
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."