Gamers just want new experiences

#31loafy013Posted 7/28/2014 12:15:36 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Enclave posted...
a687947 posted...
Enclave posted...
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
From the screenshots, Halo 2 will be a NEW experience. It doesn't even look like the same game.
And then theres The Last of Us.... LMAO. GG Sony. I'll lay out the bodybags.

First off, no single game could ever do what you are suggesting. That's just ridiculous.

Secondly, Halo 2 is popular, there's no denying that. However The Last of Us is considered ground breaking (not that I think of it that way, not really a fan myself). If either of them are the sort of game that'll actually pull in the kinds of numbers you are talking about? It's The Last of Us (though again, I don't see the point of all that hype for that game nor why it's apparently ground breaking, guess it's just not my sort of game)

Fact is? Halo 2 is a good FPS, but there are better.

halo and halo 2 were considered ground breaking too

Perhaps for a console FPS at the time, but on the PC they weren't anything overly special.

Halo

Wasn't anything special on PC?
Lol are you 15?
Regenerating health
2 weapon system
Realistic physics and non canned death animations

I could go on

Care to name at least 3 things the last of us revolutionized?

Are those good things? Regenerating health means you don't have to watch your resources, just survive long enough to get to a safe area. Not sure what you mean by 2 weapon system. Makes me think of Uncharted with 1 rifle type and 1 pistol type. But way back when I played DOOM, you got to switch between like 6 different weapons on the fly.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#32LooksLikeRainPosted 7/28/2014 12:22:33 PM
loafy013 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Enclave posted...
a687947 posted...
Enclave posted...
SculptorOvFlesh posted...From the screenshots, Halo 2 will be a NEW experience. It doesn't even look like the same game.
And then theres The Last of Us.... LMAO. GG Sony. I'll lay out the bodybags.

First off, no single game could ever do what you are suggesting. That's just ridiculous.

Secondly, Halo 2 is popular, there's no denying that. However The Last of Us is considered ground breaking (not that I think of it that way, not really a fan myself). If either of them are the sort of game that'll actually pull in the kinds of numbers you are talking about? It's The Last of Us (though again, I don't see the point of all that hype for that game nor why it's apparently ground breaking, guess it's just not my sort of game)

Fact is? Halo 2 is a good FPS, but there are better.

halo and halo 2 were considered ground breaking too

Perhaps for a console FPS at the time, but on the PC they weren't anything overly special.

Halo

Wasn't anything special on PC?
Lol are you 15?
Regenerating health
2 weapon system
Realistic physics and non canned death animations

I could go on

Care to name at least 3 things the last of us revolutionized?

Are those good things? Regenerating health means you don't have to watch your resources, just survive long enough to get to a safe area. Not sure what you mean by 2 weapon system. Makes me think of Uncharted with 1 rifle type and 1 pistol type. But way back when I played DOOM, you got to switch between like 6 different weapons on the fly.

If they weren't good things, they wouldn't be present in a lot of the popular FPS games to come out after Halo.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#33CDeikunPosted 7/28/2014 12:50:27 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
KID VID posted...
Believe it or not, some people haven't played Halo 2. I'm tired of these troll topics. Marked and done.

But I actually am buying an Xbox for Halo 2.

If I'm trolling anyone it's people who say "Gamers just want new experiences."

Don't be so judgmental.

Srsly. Sony and especially Nintendo should try this; Some of their older games were great compared to what they're coming out with now.

As I'm not likely to check back anytime soon I'll just go ahead and say this is a mix of both(?).
#34LEGEND_725Posted 7/28/2014 7:51:38 PM
Regen health keeps up the pace of play for one. You aren't wasting time hunting health packs instead of fighting.

2 weapon system made you have to make a sacrifice on what weapons to use instead of just carrying everything
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you