Why the demo drought?

#11BilliePilgrimPosted 7/28/2014 7:34:48 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
A demo is called watching twitch briefly imo. I never touch demos.

And before buying a car do u watch someone else drive by in it instead of driving it yourself..?

Watching a washed out 30 second clip of someone wiping out in a game sadly pales in comparison to playing it.

Why release ANY demos at all if u are going to have 1 a month if that? They shouldnt even have the section.

Stop using car analogies. They suck. Do people try out toilets, refrigerators, irons, sex toys, etc etc before they buy them? Don't act like there's no precedent for buying something without being able to try it out first. Plus we're talking about a $60 game, not a $10-30K multi-year investment.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#12kennyynnooPosted 7/28/2014 7:37:23 AM
There will be a forza horizon 2 demo, they already mentioned it. I can watch twitch or YouTube and decide if a game is for me though.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#13Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 10:53:22 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
There will be a forza horizon 2 demo, they already mentioned it. I can watch twitch or YouTube and decide if a game is for me though.

Anyone have any idea how or why they arrive at which games get demos? Demos HURT SALES right? Do they? So the Forza H2 team never got the memo? Demos hurt sales... Right? So they put a Thief demo out 4-5 months later to further damage sales?

Notice any inconsistencies here?
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#14BilliePilgrimPosted 7/28/2014 11:02:05 AM
Notice how you're complaining about the lack of demos?
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#15kennyynnooPosted 7/28/2014 3:00:46 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Anyone have any idea how or why they arrive at which games get demos? Demos HURT SALES right? Do they? So the Forza H2 team never got the memo? Demos hurt sales... Right? So they put a Thief demo out 4-5 months later to further damage sales?

Notice any inconsistencies here?

Horizon 2 will just use the demo the had at e3. It's on the individual developer to make demos for MS. Just because they make it for ps4 doesn't mean they will for MS. Complain to the developers MS can't make demos for them it's their software.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#16NeoMonkPosted 7/28/2014 3:03:56 PM
Demos give you this false perspective that you can make up your mind before buying said game by playing it....

Developers don't want that... They know you'll like their game if you'll only pay the full price for it right away & don't worry about silly things like opinions later on :)
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#17DoggiesLipstickPosted 7/30/2014 2:08:43 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
A demo is called watching twitch briefly imo. I never touch demos.

And before buying a car do u watch someone else drive by in it instead of driving it yourself..?

Watching a washed out 30 second clip of someone wiping out in a game sadly pales in comparison to playing it.

Why release ANY demos at all if u are going to have 1 a month if that? They shouldnt even have the section.

Stop using car analogies. They suck. Do people try out toilets, refrigerators, irons, sex toys, etc etc before they buy them? Don't act like there's no precedent for buying something without being able to try it out first. Plus we're talking about a $60 game, not a $10-30K multi-year investment.

Haha i lol'd
---
I like what I like, Microsoft shows no loyalty towards me, I don't show any towards them. I don't get paid to promote Xbox nor do I get paid to bad-mouth Sony.
#18HoIySilvergunPosted 7/30/2014 2:28:43 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM6LoaqEnY

Makes sense, but that's the kind of information that gamers should already know innately. I already knew all of that. Certainly, anyone who frequents GameFAQs should not have been surprised by any of that. Also, that guy's voice is annoying.
---
"I don't know who to worry for most." lol. I do. Poster #13. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69735474