Netflix app is garbage.

#1buddhabarracudaPosted 7/28/2014 12:09:57 AM
-Constant freezing issues.
-Continue Watching starts the episode from the beginning, or will play an entirely different episode.
-Horrible UI.

Thoughts?
---
XBL/Steam: buddhabarracuda | PSN: buddha_barracuda
#2SigmaLongshotPosted 7/28/2014 12:16:06 AM
My only major gripe with it is inconsistent categories. Sometimes a plethora of content is completely inaccessible just because it does the recommendation thing instead of searching by genre. Basically, you need to:

a) Know what you want to watch exactly, then search bar it or...

b) Slog through the endless vague recommendations ("Because you liked BBC's Planet Earth, you want to watch QI!" "I do? Okay then.")

The Amazon Prime app, by comparison, is silk.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#3buddhabarracuda(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 12:18:50 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
My only major gripe with it is inconsistent categories. Sometimes a plethora of content is completely inaccessible just because it does the recommendation thing instead of searching by genre. Basically, you need to:

a) Know what you want to watch exactly, then search bar it or...

b) Slog through the endless vague recommendations ("Because you liked BBC's Planet Earth, you want to watch QI!" "I do? Okay then.")

The Amazon Prime app, by comparison, is silk.

Absolutely this. I like Netflix's new universal video app. Wish they would just implement that.
---
#4Theodore60Posted 7/28/2014 12:20:49 AM
You know you can go to netflix dot come and make a list of all movies and tv shows you are interested in right? said list appears on your app thus no searching and browsing lame recommendations.

also iv'e never had freezing issues, or any problems with episodes restarting.

The app itself does need some tweeking though the because you watch stuff is lame as hell.
---
Not changing this sig until CJayC returns gamefaqs to its former glory!
#5buddhabarracuda(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 12:27:51 AM
Theodore60 posted...
You know you can go to netflix dot come and make a list of all movies and tv shows you are interested in right? said list appears on your app thus no searching and browsing lame recommendations.

also iv'e never had freezing issues, or any problems with episodes restarting.

The app itself does need some tweeking though the because you watch stuff is lame as hell.

The whole point of the app, which is seen slightly in the default Netflix app, is so you can browse on the couch and not on your computer. Convenience, which they market as such.
---
#6blacklabelicePosted 7/28/2014 1:36:12 AM
an hdmi cable fixed that problem for me long before netflix.
#7ZemataPosted 7/28/2014 1:51:35 AM
-no button to bring up watch list

Thats so dumb. The app definately needs some love
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#8Not_ShippyPosted 7/28/2014 1:57:36 AM
I've never had Netflix freeze on me unless I'm downloading some super heavy torrents.

And in my household there's generally a buncha devices on the network at once, my dad's home computer and work computer, mom and brother's ipad's, sister's wii and laptop, and pretty much everyone's phone.

Even then I get HD quality.

And the UI isn't that bad, it could be better, but so could a lot of things in life.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:0476-9471-9375
Xbox Live GT:Eren x Yeager
#9TheGam3925Posted 7/28/2014 2:04:38 AM
TC you clearly need to increase your Xbone dedication level. Super fanboys have reported zero problems with with the Netflix app as well as all apps/games in general. Studies have proven that there is a direct correlation between how big a fanboy you are and how perfectly your Xbone is working.

Get on it ASAP.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#10slowdog76Posted 7/28/2014 2:08:40 AM
well, aren't you the comedian :l
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius