Why do people on this board hate Titanfall?

#1DepreceV2Posted 7/28/2014 5:11:05 AM
I don't understand the hate. Sure it's lacking in some content IMO such as not enough guns. Plus the Campagin could have been executed better. However the fun factor is sky high. That's what really counts. I just don't understand the gate for it unless it's a guy buying Tiranfall for the Campagin
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2roperpokerPosted 7/28/2014 5:12:32 AM
I'm well into the concept and support the team, just feel a little burnt out by it all now mid way through Gen 8 and I'm still getting the kills etc - just want to hit 10 and move on.
---
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
#3Top_BlokePosted 7/28/2014 5:15:44 AM
It's the best FPS game I've played for gameplay, controls and overall quality. But it's not the best FPS I've ever played as an overall game.

Playing any other FPS PvP just feels inferior, they're slow and restrictive. Going back to TF after playing Destiny (which I really enjoyed, and is a very different game), just shows the quality of TF.

But the lack of content and a few other little things does hold it back from greatness. But the foundation is there for something truly amazing with Titanfall 2.

I don't understand the hate, it's an amazing experience that takes a bit more skill than regular FPS games and rewards those take the time to learn the game.
#4slowdog76Posted 7/28/2014 5:20:23 AM
i agree. going back to it after destiny really showed up destinys pvp, for me
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#5GladiatorDangerPosted 7/28/2014 5:21:16 AM
Titanfall isn't a bad game but it does get old REALLY fast due to the lack of content.

I don't think it is so much hate as it is Trolls mocking Xbox fans who before release kept trying to rub it in that Titanfall was going to be a system seller for Xbox One as if they were totally oblivious to the fact that it was also being released on PC and Xbox 360.

Now that Titanfall has been released and it has been revealed that the game has still done little to help sales the Trolls enjoy throwing the claims of Xbox fans back in their faces.
#6Bobsy84Posted 7/28/2014 5:22:06 AM
I wouldn't say i hate it, its a mildly fun shooter it just never lived up to hype. And yes i did buy into all the hype in the run up to the game.
The sequel has lots of things to improve on but i think it will evolve into a great franchise just started with a whimper rather than a bang
#7ZemataPosted 7/28/2014 5:23:05 AM
I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Any game where it rains giant robots just sign me up! I believe that the game is more for people who enjoy the gameplay itself and not a huge amount of content. The focus is on the gameplay and balance. That's my opinion.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#8SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/28/2014 5:24:58 AM
It's a fun game but people here love to hate on it BC it's not on the ps4
---
gt: For Spartaa
#9InterzoneMantraPosted 7/28/2014 5:27:30 AM
It's not like ppl hate it. It was decent, it just didn't live up to the hype that it was portrayed as.
#10Top_BlokePosted 7/28/2014 5:29:04 AM
You need to basically forget about always comparing it to COD.

COD is up to its 10th? game now, and is just chock full of content, it has a familiar gameplay which people will struggle to get away from.

TF offers something new and (in my opinion) superior to COD - and I generally put about 200hrs into COD games, but stopped after BLOPS 2.