Any good coop games coming out to play with my wife?

#1HypochondriathePosted 7/28/2014 6:59:08 AM
We are gonna get a console this weekend. We like games like Gears and Resident Evil. Preferably third person, but anything really (she gets motion sickness from some games). I haven't been keeping up with the current gen, as I found it to be extremely underwhelming. But she's buying the console for me, so I can't complain. Oh, and it doesn't matter if it's split screen or not; she is buying us both a console. So far the only game I know of releasing soon that we can play together is Destiny. Anything else on the horizon?
#2adonfrazPosted 7/28/2014 7:01:56 AM(edited)
Guacamelee!, Lego Marvel, and Rayman Legends

Hope she likes platformers
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
#3PoweredMilkManPosted 7/28/2014 7:02:03 AM
Plants vs zombies is fun
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#4suicide machinePosted 7/28/2014 7:06:12 AM
diablo III is coming out soon
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#5kennyynnooPosted 7/28/2014 7:41:40 AM
Looking at the list all I see is COD unless an indie comes. Not a cod fan but it's ok split screen with the battle ax. Maybe an indie will show up, doubt it. They're to busy showcasing graphics and as a split screen fan I know they tend to lessen the graphics to allow 2 screens somewhat.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#6spacejamjordanzPosted 7/28/2014 8:15:56 AM
Your wife actually likes violent games? Good for you man. You have plenty of options then. There are only three games that my wife has ever agreed to play with me. Portal 2, LittleBIGplanet, and Just Dance. Not complaining though. At least she is willing to play something with me.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#7DeschainRedPosted 7/28/2014 8:32:14 AM(edited)
Halo's probably the only one I think that has co op coming out soon. I'm not sure about Evolve I'm hoping it does like left 4 dead, if it does that would be good. Just realised you said you'll both have a console in that case Evolve looks good, destiny also looks good and is coming out soon so I recommend that having played the beta.

Also there's dead rising 3.
#8omega1110Posted 7/28/2014 9:25:37 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Your wife actually likes violent games? Good for you man. You have plenty of options then. There are only three games that my wife has ever agreed to play with me. Portal 2, LittleBIGplanet, and Just Dance. Not complaining though. At least she is willing to play something with me.

Not plenty of options on Xbox One, Co-Optimus is a website that lets you sorts and filter games based on the number of Co-op players they have but the pickings are a little slim right now.
---
Playing games isn't a hobby, its a way of life.
#9USNA_DieselPosted 7/28/2014 9:28:03 AM
You can't go wrong with dead rising 3
---
Xbox Live: the ryan diesel
1+1 != 2 discuss
#10Hypochondriathe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 9:46:59 AM
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. We will give them all a try. And yes, she likes violent games. The original Gears of War is our all time favorite game. We just started playing through Resident Evil 6 again. I forgot how bad she was at the QTE events though lol.