XBone has the best current gen controller.

#41EnclavePosted 7/29/2014 8:48:29 AM
garcia_jx posted...
The Ps4's drawback is the left analog stick placement. It is not precise for shooters and fighting games such as street fighter and MK. How do I know if street fighter and MK are not out yet for Ps4? The ps3 had the same left stick placement and it was horrid for fighting games.

Asymmetrical sticks isn't inherently superior for shooters. I personally find it feels awkward and I get much better results using the symmetrical sticks on the PS4.

Additionally, for a fighter akin to Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? D-pad is king if you don't have a fight stick. So if you use analogue for those styles of fighters? You're doing it wrong.

While the 360 had a better controller than the PS3? It had nothing to do with analogue placement. Analogue placement is VERY subjective regardless of the genre.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#42sonicteam2k1Posted 7/29/2014 9:42:42 AM
no. the bumpers are a piece of S*** and the controller itself is too small.

It's appalling how they go from an almost perfect controller to the abysmal pile of hot garbage that is the xbone controller. all they need to do on the 360 controller is fix the dpad. the did a reverse, fixed the dpad but screwed everything else up
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#43ave1Posted 7/29/2014 5:19:41 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
no. the bumpers are a piece of S*** and the controller itself is too small.

It's appalling how they go from an almost perfect controller to the abysmal pile of hot garbage that is the xbone controller. all they need to do on the 360 controller is fix the dpad. the did a reverse, fixed the dpad but screwed everything else up

If you ask me, I'd say it's your assessment that is an abysmal pile of hot garbage. You are obviously pushing an agenda for a purpose....
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#44cyhperrage2027Posted 7/29/2014 6:15:58 PM
TC must be a pony, since he had to call the Xbox One "xbone"

But it is the best controller by far.
#45AzaneAzerPosted 7/29/2014 6:21:36 PM
depends on the game for me, theres a lot of titles I like the DPAD of the dual shock for, but a lot of pure analog games I prefer the xbox design for.
#46DreadmasterXDPosted 7/29/2014 6:27:32 PM
They're about even if you ask me, I think there both pretty good. However I personally don't like the shoulder buttons and triggers on the Xbox One and don't like the thumbsticks on the DS4.
---
PSN: PhD_Chemikill || XBL: PhD Chemikill
Official Manus Catalyst of the Dark Souls Board
#47rEaPeR_2k4Posted 7/29/2014 6:28:39 PM
they call the controller cheap and flimsy like its not a engineering marvel that they added two more rumble motors and still managed to make the controller lighter and more ergo friendly than its predecessor. GTFOH
---
"Stealing cable is a victimless crime...Like punching someone in the dark." GT:bEg 4 m3Rcy
www.twitch.tv/beg_4_m3rcy
#48SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 7:43:31 PM
cyhperrage2027 posted...
TC must be a pony, since he had to call the Xbox One "xbone"

But it is the best controller by far.

What the hell do you call it? It will always be the 'bone to me.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Destiny, and Guacamelee
#49garcia_jxPosted 7/29/2014 8:24:32 PM
XanthielX posted...
garcia_jx posted...
Xbox One controller is great for every genre. The Ps4 controller, not so much. However, the Ps4 controller is not a slouch. The bigger size of the controller feels good in my hands (that's what she said), and the new triggers are also very comfortable. The touch pad is also great, because it's easy to access, without having to look down at the controller.

The Ps4's drawback is the left analog stick placement. It is not precise for shooters and fighting games such as street fighter and MK. How do I know if street fighter and MK are not out yet for Ps4? The ps3 had the same left stick placement and it was horrid for fighting games.

You... I... What?

The ds3 was the pad of choice for fighters (I'm talking at tournaments etc, for those who didn't use a stick) because of having a dpad that actually worked. I know it's a widely held opinion that 360>ds3 (and I agree), but it's also a widely held opinion that ds3>360 for fighters.

And the ds4 is my favorite pad ever, with 360 in second.

As for the dpad placement, I'm so use to using my right thumb to press the desire direction while keeping my left thumb on the left stick. So, for shooters,I can swap weapons while still moving. On the ps4/ps3 controller, Ihave to opress the dpad with my left thumb. So, swapping weapons while moving is not easy.
#50Engineer-samaPosted 7/30/2014 10:15:29 AM
Ps4 has the best controller.

/topic