Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?
10 months ago#11
Big Fan posted...
I did immediately think Halo upon starting the game, but as you progress it feels less and less like it

Exactly how I feel
---
Playing Witcher 2, Hitman Blood Money, Thief
Anticipating Destiny, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection
10 months ago#12
For me, it plays like Borderlands in PvE and PvP feels like CoD.

The sci-fi aesthetic of the world and enemies definitely reminds me of Halo.

Still, I didn't much get hooked with Borderlands. I beat them and had fun, but my interest in them dipped quick after beating it once. I feel as if the same would happen with Destiny.
---
Bananas, bananas... and bananas
10 months ago#13
LandfillAO posted...
aheroafake posted...
Because it doesn't.

This. It really doesn't play anything like Halo. At all. It feels much more like Borderlands.

This coming from a PS3/4 Xbox 360/One owner. I have no agenda and am not solely an Xbox fan. It plays nothing like Halo.

Exactly how I feel. As soon as I started playing the beta, I was amazed and completely in shock at how the game played nothing like Halo.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
10 months ago#14
Yes, because Halo had ADS.

Flopic
10 months ago#15
Just because it was made by the same company it doesn't mean it will feel the same

This seriously feels like a Borderlands clone
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
10 months ago#16
The game is way clunkier and disconnected than Halo. You don't get anywhere near the same sensation of shooting something.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
10 months ago#17
it does look an awful lot like halo...
---
Yup
10 months ago#18
feels a lot better than halo and plays better, imo. I could even use some of the same tactics in halo in destiny, which kinda owns. I just think xbone fanboys are upset because bungie has been marketing destiny for ps4 more than their beloved. I believe bungie did a great job. Destiny is pretty much the halo successor. Haters gonna hate.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
10 months ago#19
Xbox fanboys have disowned Bungie. They feel betrayed that Destiny is a multi platform game.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
10 months ago#20
the only thing that reminded me of halo during the beat was that the fallen scavengers looked similar to Promethean Knights from halo 4 other than that nothing like halo
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived