Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#11HaloDad020508Posted 7/28/2014 9:28:36 PM
Big Fan posted...
I did immediately think Halo upon starting the game, but as you progress it feels less and less like it

Exactly how I feel
---
Playing Witcher 2, Hitman Blood Money, Thief
Anticipating Destiny, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection
#12SageOfChaosPosted 7/28/2014 9:33:52 PM
For me, it plays like Borderlands in PvE and PvP feels like CoD.

The sci-fi aesthetic of the world and enemies definitely reminds me of Halo.

Still, I didn't much get hooked with Borderlands. I beat them and had fun, but my interest in them dipped quick after beating it once. I feel as if the same would happen with Destiny.
---
Bananas, bananas... and bananas
#13aheroafakePosted 7/28/2014 9:37:33 PM
LandfillAO posted...
aheroafake posted...
Because it doesn't.

This. It really doesn't play anything like Halo. At all. It feels much more like Borderlands.

This coming from a PS3/4 Xbox 360/One owner. I have no agenda and am not solely an Xbox fan. It plays nothing like Halo.

Exactly how I feel. As soon as I started playing the beta, I was amazed and completely in shock at how the game played nothing like Halo.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#14CapnStankyPosted 7/28/2014 9:43:07 PM
Yes, because Halo had ADS.

Flopic
#15_Doomguy_Posted 7/28/2014 9:44:40 PM
Just because it was made by the same company it doesn't mean it will feel the same

This seriously feels like a Borderlands clone
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#16LanternOfAshPosted 7/28/2014 9:47:32 PM
The game is way clunkier and disconnected than Halo. You don't get anywhere near the same sensation of shooting something.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#17Puckswack12Posted 7/28/2014 9:49:09 PM
it does look an awful lot like halo...
---
Yup
#18ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/28/2014 9:49:23 PM
feels a lot better than halo and plays better, imo. I could even use some of the same tactics in halo in destiny, which kinda owns. I just think xbone fanboys are upset because bungie has been marketing destiny for ps4 more than their beloved. I believe bungie did a great job. Destiny is pretty much the halo successor. Haters gonna hate.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#19TheGam3925Posted 7/28/2014 9:49:52 PM
Xbox fanboys have disowned Bungie. They feel betrayed that Destiny is a multi platform game.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#20BIIGDIIRTYPosted 7/28/2014 9:52:08 PM
the only thing that reminded me of halo during the beat was that the fallen scavengers looked similar to Promethean Knights from halo 4 other than that nothing like halo
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings