Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#21oldhbk76Posted 7/28/2014 10:01:00 PM
Multiplayer doesn't feel anything like halo
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#22bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 7/28/2014 10:05:41 PM
The only thing that reminds me of Halo is all the jumping around in PVP and when I look down I can see my legs.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#23squidney2k1Posted 7/28/2014 10:08:57 PM
aheroafake posted...
Because it doesn't.

---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#24CooLJaY2kay4Posted 7/28/2014 10:24:47 PM
What's hilarious to me is that many enemies feel like Forerunner enemies. Why is that hilarious? Because 343 put actual Forerunners in Halo, Bungie only ever put them into the story dialogue.

Aside from the music and art style, the only gameplay elements that are similar are some enemy grouping mechanisms and that's about it.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#25DarkReign2022Posted 7/28/2014 11:05:33 PM
Yeah.... No. Borderlands, yes. Battlefield, yes. But Halo, not at all. Aiming down your sights, weapon upgrades, player classes, unique class abilities. Halo is none of those things. The closet Halo shares in relation with Destiny is that we're killing aliens in a first-person perspective. Even the emphasis that Halo placed on vehicular combat is greatly scaled back in Destiny.

Destiny is much closer to a hard sci-fi than the Halo Franchise. Although it still possesses the element of war against alien races, the design and nature of it is much more grounded.
#26uniquebadgerPosted 7/28/2014 11:17:59 PM
LandfillAO posted...
aheroafake posted...
Because it doesn't.

This. It really doesn't play anything like Halo. At all. It feels much more like Borderlands.

This coming from a PS3/4 Xbox 360/One owner. I have no agenda and am not solely an Xbox fan. It plays nothing like Halo.

This is how i feel. Which to me seems to be exactly how they were marketing it from the beginning. Very much a hybrid of Halo visual styel/borderlands gameplay/diablo loot system.
#27jimmyCCFCPosted 7/29/2014 12:05:35 AM(edited)
Doesn't 'feel' like halo at all. However, flood, covenant and spartans can be replaced with hive, fallen and Guardians, right?
#28nableetPosted 7/29/2014 12:00:43 AM
It's a first person defiance, fact.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#29Team_NinjaPosted 7/29/2014 12:03:31 AM
TC, you fail. You don't realize that Destiny playing like Halo is a bad thing for Bungie. People will just stick with Halo if Destiny plays too similar. As a result, Destiny won't sell well on xbox platforms and Bungie will lose money. Not good.
#30Foreign ObjectsPosted 7/29/2014 12:24:17 AM
It feels like Halo. The GUI, the movement, the graphics.

It's not a bad thing. I don't know why people try to deny that connection between the games.
---
etc