Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#41Auction SniperPosted 7/29/2014 2:38:51 AM
The game is more than likely built using the Halo engine - no surprise that it is very similar.
---
"Sleep is for babies, gamers play all night!" - Thomas Falsetta
#42singhellotakuPosted 7/29/2014 3:40:40 AM
I still say it plays EXACTLY like Mass Effect. As far as the art style its very similar to halo, but gameplay-wise similarities are minimal, the borderlands comments have more to do with the mission and world structure
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#43GeistPosted 7/29/2014 4:30:54 AM
I wish it did play like Halo TC, I wish it did.
---
If you are replying to my opinion, realize first that I do not care.
#44Nice_RobbyPosted 7/29/2014 5:02:31 AM
So if I'm an Xbox fan that makes op a ps fan right? From the way he words his post.

And if a ps fan likes destiny and thinks it plays like halo then all these years PS fans have actually liked halo since the beginning?

I know it's fanboyish of me, but Sony fans are way to exited for destiny compared to Xbox fans. Why? I thought most did not like halo (if they did they would have had an Xbox, of course in talking about single console owners here)

Sorry, I let my fanboyish come out from when I was a kid. Carry on.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#45Jiggy101011Posted 7/29/2014 5:02:42 AM
It has some similarities to Halo, such as the floating companion guide thing reminded me of 343 Guilty Spark. That and the music and visual style screams Halo in my opinion. Gameplay and controller scheme wise it plays almost exactly like Call of Duty. RPG and weapon choice wise it reminds me of a lackluster Borderlands.

That being said I should be looking forward to this game but it feels like a cash cow to me. Own the vanilla version of the game for $60, spend another $300 in DLC to get the most out of it.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#46FinzFan4lifePosted 7/29/2014 6:00:09 AM
You know I like... To use.... To try and emphasize a point.... Even if that point does not exist......
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#47AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/29/2014 6:04:18 AM
Foreign Objects posted...
It feels like Halo. The GUI, the movement, the graphics.

It's not a bad thing. I don't know why people try to deny that connection between the games.

This. Aiming and locomotion in general feel exactly like Halo.

Since when is that a bad thing? Since Bungie isn't making Destiny exclusively for the X1?

That's pathetic if that's the case here.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#48LEGEND_725Posted 7/29/2014 6:07:19 AM
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
What's hilarious to me is that many enemies feel like Forerunner enemies. Why is that hilarious? Because 343 put actual Forerunners in Halo, Bungie only ever put them into the story dialogue.

Aside from the music and art style, the only gameplay elements that are similar are some enemy grouping mechanisms and that's about it.

Lots of weird similarities

Master chief wearing a CLOAK in reveal at e3
Halo 5 GUARDIANS
Fallen look like promethians etc
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#49LEGEND_725Posted 7/29/2014 6:08:18 AM
If anyone thinks this played like halo you either never played halo or were too bad to understand its mechanics
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#50AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/29/2014 6:10:15 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
If anyone thinks this played like halo you either never played halo or were too bad to understand its mechanics

Lulz!
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps