Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#51ExempliGratiaPosted 7/29/2014 6:12:54 AM
It plays like Halo Borderlands. Which I thought might be good but it isn't all that great. They have to do tweaking to mp.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#52shuggyconeheadPosted 7/29/2014 6:18:29 AM
HaloDad020508 posted...
Big Fan posted...
I did immediately think Halo upon starting the game, but as you progress it feels less and less like it

Exactly how I feel

Me too. (:
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#53CapnStankyPosted 7/29/2014 6:49:54 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
It plays like Halo Borderlands. Which I thought might be good but it isn't all that great. They have to do tweaking to mp.

Destiny is like Borderlands without the personality, guns, interesting special abilities, and fun.
#54Miiri0Posted 7/29/2014 7:15:17 AM(edited)
Because xbox fan feel betrayed that now the real halo successor is now on playstation too. And destiny being better on ps4 is like rubbing salt on a fatal wound. Hurtful :(
#55VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 7:15:26 AM
It feels like, and slightly looks like, Halo but does not play like Halo. Halo is there, along with Borderlands.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#56CapnStankyPosted 7/29/2014 7:16:06 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Because xbox fan feel betrayed that now the real halo successor is now on playstation too. And destiny being better on ps4 is like rubbing salt on a fatal wound. Hurtful :(

At least they're posting on an Xbox board instead of Sony fanboys like yourself desperately looking for reassurance on non-Sony boards. LOL OWNED
#57vashkeyPosted 7/29/2014 7:16:26 AM
In terms of structure, Destiny is definitely more like Borderlands. Halo wasn't an action rpg that sent you on quest, it didn't have a skill tree and it didn't feature loot.

The controls, physics and health system are similar to Halo. The similarities pretty much end there.
#58Exodus_PrimePosted 7/29/2014 7:20:58 AM
Seems like someone didn't play the beta or Halo.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#59vashkeyPosted 7/29/2014 7:21:15 AM
It has nothing to do with butthurt Xbox/Halo fans. Saying Destiny isn't like Halo isn't even an insult and Destiny is still on xbox platforms we can still play it. Even most Halo fans will tell you Halo 4 didn't feel a Halo game, but it felt more like one than Destiny.

Destiny isn't the next step in the Halo franchise, however. It's Bungie next step. If Bungie wanted Destiny to be a Halo game, they'd have made a Halo game. Seriously doubt Microsoft would have been against partnering with the developer that put their console on the map.
#60VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 7:21:34 AM
vashkey posted...
In terms of structure, Destiny is definitely more like Borderlands. Halo wasn't an action rpg that sent you on quest, it didn't have a skill tree and it didn't feature loot.

The controls, physics and health system are similar to Halo. The similarities pretty much end there.

I agree with this post but the default controls are pretty much Borderlands control scheme. Very easy to adjust to it since I've been on a Borderlands spree, actually.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk