Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#81assassin10133Posted 7/29/2014 7:46:23 AM
CapwnD posted...
It makes me want to play Halo.

It reminds me more of Killzone than Halo.

Made me want to play Halo as well. It definitely reminds me of Halo but it's still a lot different, plus Halo is strictly an FPS, Destiny is more of an RPG played in FPS perspective. Can definitely see a direct relationship from some of the things in Destiny to Halo, but the game still feels quite a bit different.
#82iamdanthamanPosted 7/29/2014 7:53:55 AM
The movement and shooting mechanics, except for aiming down sights, feel much more like Halo than any other shooter, and that's not a bad thing. However, there are a lot of other things in Destiny that are very different than Halo. I agree with other posters that said that when I first started playing it felt exactly like Halo, but the more I played, and the more powers I unlocked, the less it felt like it.
---
All your base are belong to us
#83POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/29/2014 8:08:56 AM
As someone who's played every Halo extensively, since the series started, only a person who thinks all fps' play and feel the same, would say that Destiny and Halo play the same. Which is false.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#84WilsHirEBSPosted 7/29/2014 8:28:48 AM
This is pretty much the game Bungee would have made if they felt they could introduce real down the sight aiming to Halo. I sure they thought the idea of ADS was superior to what they had before, but probably thought their fan base would like it, so then they dropped Halo and made the game they thought would be better which is Destiny.

The idea that Destiny feels and plays like Halo probably isn't as true but that most likely comes from the fact that it looks and sounds like Halo, which it definitely does. I am truly saddened by the fact that Bungee essentially gave up on Halo, because from what I saw and played of Destiny it would be way better in a Halo universe.
#85Viet0nePosted 7/29/2014 8:45:55 AM
Destiny as as similar to Halo as much as Call of Duty games are similar to Halo.

The weapon mechanics are different, the control response is different, the feel overall is different. The only thing that would relate closely to Halo is the art style and that's because some of the directors are the same ones that worked on Halo.

Does it have a Halo style look, yeah. Does it play like Halo? Only if you think FPS games are all the same.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Dead Rising 3, Destiny
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#86Miiri0Posted 7/29/2014 10:02:56 AM
Destiny is the evolution of halo. A better version of halo. Of course! its from the same developer!
#87metaldiggle2Posted 7/29/2014 10:32:58 AM
Yeah, Halo was sure known for its ADS combat.

It has a few similar armor abilities as Reach, sure, but that's about it for "feel".
---
Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls. Chicago.
#88ScRuiPosted 7/29/2014 11:13:30 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Destiny is the evolution of halo. A better version of halo. Of course! its from the same developer!

A better version of halo? You must have never played halo...

Either that or you're just being yourself as usual...

Halo is halo ... Destiny is Destiny

The only people that are sour in here are the usual fanpups... No one is knocking Destiny on here and yet the usual trolls continue to compare the 2 games... Yet hate halo but love Destiny... Hypocrisy at its finest!
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#89Exodus_PrimePosted 7/29/2014 11:27:10 AM(edited)
ScRui posted...
Miiri0 posted...

A better version of halo? You must have never played halo...

Either that or you're just being yourself as usual...

Halo is halo ... Destiny is Destiny

The only people that are sour in here are the usual fanpups... No one is knocking Destiny on here and yet the usual trolls continue to compare the 2 games... Yet hate halo but love Destiny... Hypocrisy at its finest!

He's just mad Xbox One owners will get to play Destiny AND Halo MCC so he has no choice but to knock Halo ....=/

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#90AgentLockePosted 7/29/2014 11:25:25 AM(edited)
The movement is almost exactly like halo. The only major difference in the shooting has a ads penalty and the need to hold the left trigger. There's still map and weapon control, it's smart to pick up all the ammo so the oh her team can't get it. Tight circle strafes are still key, so are double melees and the shotty/melee combo. Team shooting is just as important as ever. The major difference to me is your at about 2/3rds tops in terms of health/armor compared to halo so you have less time to counter someone who has the jump on you. Then there's specials, not a fan in terms of balance, but time will tell. Now that I think about it the MAJOR difference to me is the change in nades. They were a key point to a lot of kills in halo, their purpose in this game will play out a little different. All in all it's a lot like halo but it's not at all the same.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)