Why is it so hard for Xbox fans to admit that Destiny plays and feels like Halo?

#91LegitSwegPosted 7/30/2014 5:03:25 AM
The enemy AI in the game made it feel like Halo to me. Because the dregs were like grunts, and the captains/knights were like elites/brutes. Also, the vehicle involvement in destiny reminded me of the vehicles like Ghosts in Halo, which is also the same name for that little robot that follows you around...

But, you get more and more in to Destiny, only to realize that it is a game all about the quest for the best loot, with focus on character rpg elements, and a storyline that makes you have one vague goal. To...defeat(?) the Darkness.

Halo has way better character developments, for you can actually remembers names in the game, unlike in Destiny, where I can't recall a single merchant name. Halo also has a more put together story.

Nonetheless, I think Destiny is an awesome game due to it being a massive multiplayer online rpg fps. Its pretty effing cool.

Ultimately, destiny is a great distance from being anything like Halo, but bot that great of a distance
#92JagosixPosted 8/2/2014 8:41:15 AM
People this is BUNGIE. Surely some aspects of Halo are going to be in this game. They are the ORGINAL HALO developers. All they know is HALO. So..yeah it will be Haloish. I'm glad of that.
#93aheroafakePosted 8/2/2014 9:54:35 AM(edited)
DoggiesLipstick posted...
Well to everyone who says it plays NOTHING like Halo your wrong. Its not a matter of opinion its fact. Although Bungie have used a new engine to develop Destiny they would have been stupid not to incorporate parts of Halo gameplay into it as Halo is such a big success. Its common sense. What gets me is how mad its making everyone? Why? if you don't want a game that plays a BIT like Halo then don't buy it.

The first known reference to Destiny was shown in Bungie's 2009 game Halo 3: ODST, in which a sign on a wall read "Destiny Awaits" and showed a picture of Earth with a mysterious orb floating nearby.

So there you have it, 2 games made by the same set of developers over 6 years, that's right 6 years. If Destiny was just another Halo you would have seen this released in 2011.

Just chill out and accept it.

It doesn't play like Halo. If it did, this controversial subject would not exist. The only things Destiny and Halo have in common are that they're both First-Person Shooters and they're made by Bungie.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#94Krampus617Posted 8/2/2014 10:24:26 AM
aheroafake posted...
DoggiesLipstick posted...
Well to everyone who says it plays NOTHING like Halo your wrong. Its not a matter of opinion its fact. Although Bungie have used a new engine to develop Destiny they would have been stupid not to incorporate parts of Halo gameplay into it as Halo is such a big success. Its common sense. What gets me is how mad its making everyone? Why? if you don't want a game that plays a BIT like Halo then don't buy it.

The first known reference to Destiny was shown in Bungie's 2009 game Halo 3: ODST, in which a sign on a wall read "Destiny Awaits" and showed a picture of Earth with a mysterious orb floating nearby.

So there you have it, 2 games made by the same set of developers over 6 years, that's right 6 years. If Destiny was just another Halo you would have seen this released in 2011.

Just chill out and accept it.

It doesn't play like Halo. If it did, this controversial subject would not exist. The only things Destiny and Halo have in common are that they're both First-Person Shooters and they're made by Bungie.

Other than the fact you ignored all the similarities to try proving your point, you're totally right.
---
PSN/XBL: FruitJuice617
http://youtu.be/pf9oD_xl8mI, http://youtu.be/kcRg2RiLKzo
#95supermegabloxPosted 8/2/2014 10:26:46 AM
plays nothing like halo. plays more like borderlands
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#96Sevi_neyPosted 8/2/2014 10:27:27 AM
It looks and plays like halo with RPG elements.

Get over it
---
Be careful when you fight monsters, lest you become one.
http://i.imgur.com/dew7OVr.jpg
#97GordatonPosted 8/2/2014 10:42:28 AM
PvE is almost exactly like Halo.
---
Not changing this sig until Prey 2 or a new Ice Climbers game comes out
Started July 28th, 2014
#98crucialPosted 8/2/2014 11:08:43 AM
Halo has no Add's at all making it nothing like Destiny on this fact alone,Destiny is Borderlands that looks like Halo and the PVP in Destiny is pretty garbage compared to Halo 2 and 3 and felt tacked on,TC is wrong I am sorry,going to pick up Destiny however because its not a Halo because if it was I would pass on it since Halo 2 is the only Bungie game I liked from them.
#99sammogardPosted 8/2/2014 11:50:36 AM
never played halo. so i can't say it plays like halo.

but just because it's in space and has bright colors coming out guns and powers with a levitating jump means nothing. by that standard alot of other sci fi space games are rip offs of everything from the past.

games going to be great still regardless of what anyone thinks or says about it. just prefernce should grow up and learn to live life with out being an a
#100supermegabloxPosted 8/2/2014 11:51:41 AM
sammogard posted...
never played halo. so i can't say it plays like halo.

but just because it's in space and has bright colors coming out guns and powers with a levitating jump means nothing. by that standard alot of other sci fi space games are rip offs of everything from the past.

games going to be great still regardless of what anyone thinks or says about it. just prefernce should grow up and learn to live life with out being an a

you heard it here first folks, metroid ripped off halo!
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3