EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
1 year ago#1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access?abthid=53d7d3116415330f4400000c

Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $29.99 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Memberships can be purchased on Xbox Live, and will also be available at retail stores like GameStop and online destinations like Amazon. The subscription service will launch "soon," according to EA, and will be available in North America and Europe.

We'll have more on EA Access as soon as it launches.

Could be a sweet deal when out of beta. Thoughts?
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#2
Sounds like what ps now should have been. Too bad its EA only.
1 year ago#3
Old games though? I would do it if they had games at release.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
1 year ago#4
kennyynnoo posted...
Old games though?

For right now since it's in beta.

Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

^That's trials though... the story is just breaking, developing as we speak.
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#5
Damn it. TBONE... You beat me to it. Was just about to post this. :-)
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
1 year ago#6
It would be great if they could get the Dead space series on it. I might give the service a shot.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
1 year ago#7
TBONE_OG posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Old games though?

For right now since it's in beta.

Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Hope they do I before Madden 15, I'd cancel my reserve.
---
1 year ago#8
So it's basically the EA Sports season ticket that was on previous gen, but just extended so it's not only the sports games...
---
"Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed"
1 year ago#9
_MrENigma_ posted...
Damn it. TBONE... You beat me to it. Was just about to post this. :-)

Muahaha!. JK, but yeah. I was on twitter, saw the announcement as it broke, so I jumped on it.
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#10
Oh wait....trials of new games, I might pass. They had this last gen sort of where you can get early access to games but that's all. Sounds like you get to trial new games but you would need to wait a long time before they're available to play again, you just get the older ones.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived