EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

#11shoji_joPosted 7/29/2014 9:18:00 AM
It's a good idea, I would happily pay a subscription to have access to a series of EA games throughout the year. I guess it means no EA titles would ever be free with Games with Gold though.
#12TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:18:22 AM
EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later).

That is actually a really cool idea.
---
Always O.G.
#13kennyynnooPosted 7/29/2014 9:18:29 AM
DecmanC posted...
So it's basically the EA Sports season ticket that was on previous gen, but just extended so it's not only the sports games...

Yeah this, but it's sounds like you can play older versions also, it's a little interesting.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#14kennyynnooPosted 7/29/2014 9:19:08 AM
shoji_jo posted...
It's a good idea, I would happily pay a subscription to have access to a series of EA games throughout the year. I guess it means no EA titles would ever be free with Games with Gold though.

Access to old games, trials with new ones*
---
#15MRL3G3NDPosted 7/29/2014 9:19:44 AM
I really don't understand...Pay $30 a year to get 10% off of stuff I don't know if I want yet?

The intelligent gamer is in the minority if this works...
---
Watch_Dogs-BAD MOFO LOW DOWN (X1)
http://youtu.be/O_S1dUhXb0g
#16TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:23:23 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I really don't understand...Pay $30 a year to get 10% off of stuff I don't know if I want yet?

You're also, at this time, getting 4 games for $30 a year.

You get trails for new games, early access, and 10% all EA content during your subscription, I believe. Not a bad deal if you play a lot of EA games... which a lot of people do.

My question now is... Will the four "free" games be cycled out to make room for new ones? Or will they just add to the list of "free" games as time goes on...?
---
Always O.G.
#17youngunner2123Posted 7/29/2014 9:23:56 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

was going to post this exact same thing lol

what are we paying $30 for? Only last years games or am I missing something in the 10% off full games part
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#18ScRuiPosted 7/29/2014 9:26:23 AM(edited)
Now will you be able to download full games and keep them while under the subscription?... Like GwG & PSN?

If so, that isn't bad at all.... Especially because it is EA... Big publisher = a lot of discounted upcoming games...

If you buy 2-3 games from EA in a year the subscription Payed for itself...

We will see what comes of this news...

Probably a lot of 'crying' knowing this board ... LOL
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#19kennyynnooPosted 7/29/2014 9:26:17 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

You're also, at this time, getting 4 games for $30 a year.

You get trails for new games, early access, and 10% all EA content during your subscription, I believe. Not a bad deal if you play a lot of EA games... which a lot of people do.

My question now is... Will the four "free" games be cycled out to make room for new ones? Or will they just add to the list of "free" games as time goes on...?

I want to know when the new games get added, a year later...so on. I don't want year old sports games that I play regularly. I wouldn't mind a fifa, nfl game that I don't follow but would enjoy playing.
---
#20TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:27:06 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
what are we paying $30 for? Only last years games or am I missing something in the 10% off full games part

Four games (right now since it's in beta).
10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC.
Access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later)
---
Always O.G.