EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

#151InjusticeRebornPosted 7/30/2014 2:28:10 AM
xXVongolaReborn posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Another nail in PS4's coffin

Sony told EA to kick rocks. They didn't want it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/sony-ea-access-doesn_2700_t-represent-good-value-to-the-playstation-gamer.aspx?utm_content=buffer890c0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Heh, and some give Microsoft a hard time for 'PR spin':

"PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price."

XD anyone?
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#152ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 3:26:34 AM
Sony is betting on their subscription...

They downplay the competition and talk up theirs...

Typical practice in business...

Personally don't see a problem with that, but I get why some would be called hypocrites for applauding Sony for these comments, but if it was MS they would rip them apart... 'Xbone Done!... Xbox Live doesn't compare to this great deal from EA.... Xboners are just mad they can't get the subscription... This is just damage control from P.R, pathetic'

Now insert Sony where Xbone.... I don't see posters saying this towards Sony, but do see a lot of the 'usuals' posting reassuring themselves LOL

Biases will be biases
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#153dnmtPosted 7/30/2014 3:34:57 AM(edited)
Can't wait for people to buy up Xbones in droves so they can save tens of dollars a year on the worst and most monetized games in the business, lol. MS and EA are a perfect fit.
#154ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 3:45:44 AM
point proven ...

Don't like it? Not enough value for you? Don't subscribe

Ooo wait... I forgot... You don't have a choice... You can't subscribe anyway... You don't own an Xbox ONE... So your view means nothing, Dnmt...

Sorry, I can't even say #dealwithit to you, you don't have the option...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#155DJ break beatsPosted 7/30/2014 6:42:01 AM
I downloaded it and paid for the year.

Downloaded FIFA and had a lot of fun playing that game which I hadn't played in a long time. Got a few achievements as well. I figured with the lull in releases until September and I plan on getting NHL anyway, why not. Now I can play FIFA for awhile online and get NHL early.

For $30 dollars, I get $6 off of NHL and access to some games to hold me over until NHL releases.
---
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
#156squonPosted 7/30/2014 6:59:41 AM
Paid $30.

Cant wait to play NHL 15 and BF5 this Sept for $30/yr.
#157prince_nagashPosted 7/30/2014 7:05:16 AM
You get the new games for free? I thought it was only old games. That's cool.
#158Rishah0078Posted 7/30/2014 7:40:04 AM
squon posted...
Paid $30.

prince_nagash posted...
You get the new games for free? I thought it was only old games. That's cool.

That's not exactly how this works. You'll get limited demos in advance of the games before release and a discount on the new games. It also sounds like you'll get a discount on card packs in HUT, FUT, etc. You will be able to play NHL14 and BF4 for free though, and NHL 15 and BF5 will likely be free eventually, but when, we don't know.

Right now, the 10% discount will be good for some people who buy a lot of EA's games and spend money on HUT and FUT, but people really need to stop spreading this idea that as soon as the games come out, you get the whole thing free. It's not really a good deal unless you want to play last years games and not buy the newest edition (in which case they're not super expensive used, but it's not bad) or you already give EA money hand over fist.

Of course, it's all subject to change and could become a great program, but right now it looks more like EA trying to get money that would otherwise go to buying used games. Certainly worth keeping an eye on as things develop.
#159TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 8:44:35 AM
I guess trolls are having a hard time dealing with this news. Seems like Sony is too...
---
Always O.G.
#160Parisinflames78Posted 7/30/2014 8:47:15 AM
squon posted...
Paid $30.

Man you are going to be sad in september. I think the service is a good deal for what it is but you did not read about it before you signed up those games are not going to be in the vault in september to play for free.