EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

#161xXVongolaRebornPosted 7/30/2014 2:38:24 PM
squon posted...
Paid $30.

Cant wait to play NHL 15 and BF5 this Sept for $30/yr.

BF5(Hardline) has been pushed back to 2015.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/battlefield-hardline-dragon-age-inquisition-delayed
---
PSN = xXGearSecond XBL= ILNI x iGear II
Steam = Dai-Gurren
#162eXcalibur2k5Posted 7/30/2014 2:57:16 PM
I will not support this, whether it be on XB1, PS4 or Wii U (I own all 3). I'm so tired of everything being a subscription service, this is another way to rob gamers / consumers of actually owning the games / content they enjoy.
---
Yes, I said what you think i said.
#163NewmoonPosted 7/30/2014 2:59:25 PM
Each year I buy Madden so that's $7 right there (Canadian)
This year I'll be buying the inquisitor version of DA III or whatever it's called Another $8.

For me the additional $15 is worst playing the games, I'm sure NFS rivals will get added or something.

This reminds me of what PS+ used to be before it got watered down to a filthy shell of its former self.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#164newbie2007Posted 7/30/2014 3:02:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is like PS+ and XBL rental services? you get some games for free, some at discount.
#165eXcalibur2k5Posted 7/30/2014 5:52:26 PM(edited)
newbie2007 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is like PS+ and XBL rental services? you get some games for free, some at discount.

No, you are correct, both PS+ "Free Games" and XBL Games with Gold (on Xbox One) are rentals only meaning if you no longer subscribe, you no longer have the games. The way I look at it, both are decent ways to try games you might not have tried otherwise, and if you really like them, then actually buy the game, and some of the deals are nice too. But the main reason people subscribe to PS+ (PS4) and XBL Gold is for the online play, the rentals and deals are considered bonus. In EA's case they don't have a console where they can charge to play online to entice people to get their subscription service.

Lost in all this is, you never own anything, if they shut down the service you lose everything, if they remove a game you were playing, it's gone. While I can see that for some there maybe value but only if you consider it for what it is, a digital rental service where they (EA) holds all control over the content.
---
Yes, I said what you think i said.
#166TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 3:43:52 PM
Remember when this was the only EA Access topic? I do.

And Pepperidge Farms remembers...
---
Always O.G.