EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access

#21skermacPosted 7/29/2014 9:29:31 AM
$5 a month to play any EA game we want for as long as we want!? And 10% off new games when they come out? Count me in!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#22kcypher2000Posted 7/29/2014 9:31:01 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I really don't understand...Pay $30 a year to get 10% off of stuff I don't know if I want yet?

The intelligent gamer is in the minority if this works...

Whats the difference between this and ps plus?
#23TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:33:17 AM(edited)
skermac posted...
$5 a month to play any EA game we want for as long as we want!? And 10% off new games when they come out? Count me in!

That's not how it works... yet. It's just 4 games right now. Beta mode. Hell, they could raise the price later for all we know...
---
Always O.G.
#24youngunner2123Posted 7/29/2014 9:36:20 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
I really don't understand...Pay $30 a year to get 10% off of stuff I don't know if I want yet?

did you read the article at all?

its an EA ONLY subscription on X1
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#25kennyynnooPosted 7/29/2014 9:36:38 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

Pre release access to games.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#26TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:38:24 AM
^ And saves that transfer over if you decide to buy the game.
---
Always O.G.
#27Bikes-Posted 7/29/2014 9:40:43 AM
pretty crap deal, especially since they've been giving put free games on origin which is both permanent copies and doesn't need a sub. the 10% wont pay for itself unless you buy 50$ a month, which unless you buy everything they put out probably wont happen. and the demo thing is done for free by other companies, atlus does it for most of their 3ds releases irrc.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#28EllesarienPosted 7/29/2014 9:41:41 AM
There are definite possibilities here but it will all depend how how many older games you will have access to. If it is just going to be older sports games for the most part then it is not for me.

But you get some Dead Space, etc in there and you have something.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#29kennyynnooPosted 7/29/2014 9:41:45 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
^ And saves that transfer over if you decide to buy the game.

I actually did this with ncaa football one year and they cheated us by remove a mode out of it in the early release. I think , it was ultimate team mode or something.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#30skermacPosted 7/29/2014 9:42:00 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
skermac posted...

That's not how it works... yet. It's just 4 games right now. Beta mode. Hell, they could raise the price later for all we know...

I read the article. 4 games are being added now. You can play any or all of them for $4.99

They will be adding more games soon it says. Eventually there will be a huge library. They could raise the price in the future, sure. But $4.99 a month for unlimited game play of older games is a steal!

I wouldn't have bought BF4 if I had known about this service. I will sell my copy and play it and others for practically nothing. It's like a buffet.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive