Called it! Microsoft makes HUGE announcement

#121CaanimalPosted 7/29/2014 10:39:57 PM
From EA's website:
"Each game is different, so each game's trial will be, too. In SOME titles you'll be able to play one of the game's modes for a LIMITED time, while others times you can jump right into the full game."

I bet their biggest titles will fall into that first little bit of info while there older titles will become the latter.

Oh a years subscription is $29.99, pretty good deal, but it still reeks of scam, it IS from EA after all... Plus, only 4 games at launch, that's pretty week if you ask me, and no, I don't expect their entire library but I would expect more than 4...
#122OuroborosChokedPosted 7/29/2014 11:37:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#123Miiri0Posted 7/29/2014 11:51:20 PM
OuroborosChoked posted...
TwistedMaestro posted...
OuroborosChoked posted...
dan77733 posted...
This is a HUGE announcement??? LMFAO!!! It's EA, no one cares.

Basically this. It's like when there was that huge Origin sale or giveaway or whatever recently. Yeah, it sounds like an okay deal... but then you remember that it's EA.

People getting excited about this must be HUGE fanbois of the company rated Worst Company in America... TWICE!

You guys are just jealous EA didn't offer it for Sony.
EA may have been one of the worst companies, but by doing this, they are now awesome and have a better reputation. EA is the best gaming company.

Lol... so denial isn't just a river in Egypt, eh? Seems like it runs right through this topic...

Xbots would even brag about getting colon cancer if it was advertised as a platform exclusive...

I can't even remember the last time I played an EA game because they publish crap. Even Ubisoft is better than EA. Enjoy your crap at slightly reduced prices.

Be nice. EA is all xbros got for now. Xbros have all the right to defend it, even its the most hated gaming company.
#124SlippyedPosted 7/29/2014 11:54:00 PM
Does anyone know if it's region locked to the States?
#125Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/30/2014 12:05:35 AM
Red Link posted...
Does this mean that EA will no longer be releasing free demos for their games?

after seeing success like GZ they're probably saying 'why didn't we do this first?'
#126quincy2000aPosted 7/30/2014 3:59:36 AM(edited)
A Sony spokesperson told Game Informer

"We don't think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value..."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-30-sony-says-ea-access-program-isnt-good-value
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#127InjusticeRebornPosted 7/30/2014 3:27:24 AM
quincy2000a posted...

"We don't think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value..."

Who is Sony to decide what people want to pay?

Sounds like the sort of thing Microsoft get stick for...
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#128quincy2000aPosted 7/30/2014 3:58:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#129spacejamjordanzPosted 7/30/2014 4:10:23 AM
quincy2000a posted...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-30-sony-says-ea-access-program-isnt-good-value

Sony made a business decision. I get why they said no, but I would have preferred leaving it up to the consumer to determine whether it's a good value to them or not. I am passing on this for now for three reasons.

#1. I don't really do digital.
#2. There are not enough games out yet in general to justify me paying yet another subscription.
#3 I don't really play a lot of EA games. The only EA game I have is Battlefield 4.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#130kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 5:27:38 AM
quincy2000a posted...

That's kind of dumb, in other words we said no to them, MS said do what you want with your products is the way I see it.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.