Stop moaning about Destiny being another Halo its getting boring!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Stop moaning about Destiny being another Halo its getting boring!
11 months ago#1
Well to everyone who says it plays NOTHING like Halo your wrong. Its not a matter of opinion its fact. Although Bungie have used a new engine to develop Destiny they would have been stupid not to incorporate parts of Halo game-play into it as Halo is such a big success. Its common sense. What gets me is how mad its making everyone? Why? if you don't want a game that plays a BIT like Halo then don't buy it.

The first known reference to Destiny was shown in Bungie's 2009 game Halo 3: ODST, in which a sign on a wall read "Destiny Awaits" and showed a picture of Earth with a mysterious orb floating nearby.

So there you have it, 2 games made by the same set of developers over 6 years, that's right 6 years. If Destiny was just another Halo you would have seen this released in 2011.

Just chill out and accept it.
---
---
I like what I like, Microsoft shows no loyalty towards me, I don't show any towards them. I don't get paid to promote Xbox nor do I get paid to bad-mouth Sony.
11 months ago#2
Majority of bungie developers are 343i now so no not the same
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
11 months ago#3
It was a fine effort.
11 months ago#4
Lets moan about other things then:

My moan is that I want to play Rogue Legacy on the Xbox today, but I can't because its not available. Ill play it on the Vita or PS4, but dammit I wanted it on Xbox.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
11 months ago#5
youngunner2123 posted...

Well considering chief operating officer Pete Parsons said 2 days ago "We split the developers that helped make halo so that half would continue with the Halo franchise and the other half would join our new developers on Destiny. Was it a good decision? I'll tell you in 2 months" (Bungie.com)
---
I like what I like, Microsoft shows no loyalty towards me, I don't show any towards them. I don't get paid to promote Xbox nor do I get paid to bad-mouth Sony.
11 months ago#6
youngunner2123 posted...

where'd you hear this from. from what i've read only like 5 left Bungie for 343i?

and honestly TC if the game was exactly the same in every way but had a different developer studio name on it people wouldn't be calling this the same as Halo
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
11 months ago#7
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
youngunner2123 posted...

where'd you hear this from. from what i've read only like 5 left Bungie for 343i?

and honestly TC if the game was exactly the same in every way but had a different developer studio name on it people wouldn't be calling this the same as Halo

Your right.Other user just wanted to think he was a know it all ;)
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Stop moaning about Destiny being another Halo its getting boring!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived