Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Is "Not the Same Old Call of Duty":I like it

#21Foxx3kPosted 7/29/2014 8:00:55 PM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-is-not-the-same-old-/1100-6421379/

I'm liking the sound of it. The little tease gave me hope for the multiplayer again that I haven't felt since Black Ops 2.

The little tease looks like it's going to be a nightmare for the bloated netcode to keep up and the TTK and recoil are still shockingly low.

The game is going to be the same worthless garbage that the franchise has been since Black Ops 1.

Ultra fast effective TTK, no recoil, bullet curving, wonky hit boxes, killstreak perk fest.

Count me out. COD is dead.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22lunaticcorePosted 7/29/2014 8:05:29 PM
dnmt posted...
Not the same old Call of Duty except it looks exactly like the same old Call of Duty. This is one franchise that could really use a vacation.

It had a vacation last year.

The fans are trying to forget that Ghosts ever happened.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#23lunaticcorePosted 7/29/2014 8:06:57 PM
The_Hitman_UK posted...
Black ops 2 multiplayer was horrible. OP snipers, pistols were way too strong, they're a secondary and should be a last resort. Shock charges, remington shotgun, Frizby c4's, Target finder LMG'S.

Pistols were supposed to be powerful since they were another trade off of the pick 10 system. If they were terrible secondary guns they wouldn't be worth the point.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#24old_school227Posted 7/29/2014 11:45:08 PM
Remember all that cool future stuff they showed in the trailers for black ops 2? and you only got to use it for like 2 side missions in the single player. kind of hard to take these trailers without a lot of salt after that.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#25CapwnDPosted 7/29/2014 11:52:13 PM(edited)
The_Hitman_UK posted...
Black ops 2 multiplayer was horrible. OP snipers, pistols were way too strong, they're a secondary and should be a last resort. Shock charges, remington shotgun, Frizby c4's, Target finder LMG'S.

Out of all that, Shock Charges. That we agree on. A tool that is way too much like a pause button on the battle at hand, and I cringe at the type of person that actually uses them.

The rest isn't even an issue, and no I don't use any of it. I should be using C4 but I play hardcore (of course) and I like the people I play with so I don't run dumb things like C-4.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#26Juzten76Posted 7/30/2014 5:18:00 AM
I think it's funny that people didn't like ghosts when it was the same CoD it always is. I quite enjoyed it and still play it almost every day for a match or two. It's not like much of anything has changed in 5 years. My favorite will always be Black Ops 1, but Ghosts is a close second.

Black Ops 1
Ghosts
Black Ops 2
MW 2
MW

That's my top 5 CoD games. MW3 was the only one that left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really looking forward to the next one to take it to the next level.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#27Foxx3kPosted 7/30/2014 5:27:10 AM
Juzten76 posted...
I think it's funny that people didn't like ghosts when it was the same CoD it always is. I quite enjoyed it and still play it almost every day for a match or two. It's not like much of anything has changed in 5 years. My favorite will always be Black Ops 1, but Ghosts is a close second.

Black Ops 1
Ghosts
Black Ops 2
MW 2
MW

That's my top 5 CoD games. MW3 was the only one that left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really looking forward to the next one to take it to the next level.

It really isn't the same COD as always.

Ghosts had weaker gun mechanics, worse "netcode" (bullet curving, dying in a single frame, bullet sponge enemies from presumed desync from client to host...), every single weapon felt exactly the same even worse so than BLOPS1 (with the exception of the weapons with free attachments - honey badger, HK SMG thing, etc), the field orders were an awful idea, the player customization did more to ruin the thematic core of the game than anything in the past thanks in large part to the Paintball gear, the map design was generally awful with super large maps that non the less spawned in enemy crosshairs most of the time, a perk/unlock system that (at launch) was not explained in game at all., the worst co-op mode ever, the worst campaign ever...

No. Ghosts did two things: 1) It proved that COD is more than just its formula. 2) It proved that what people thought would be solutions were not (dedicated servers).

Ghosts was so atrocious that it feels like it could only have resulted from intentionally making it awful.

Ghosts is not just the worst Call of Duty I've ever played - including Call of Duty 3 and all those old console only offshoots like The Big Red One and Finest Hour - but it's one of the worst first person shooters I've had the displeasure of playing in the entire 360/PS3 generation. It's barely a notch above the unplayable Legendary and Turning Point.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#28Juzten76Posted 7/30/2014 5:40:15 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Black Ops 1
Ghosts
Black Ops 2
MW 2
MW

It really isn't the same COD as always.

Ghosts had weaker gun mechanics, worse "netcode" (bullet curving, dying in a single frame, bullet sponge enemies from presumed desync from client to host...), every single weapon felt exactly the same even worse so than BLOPS1 (with the exception of the weapons with free attachments - honey badger, HK SMG thing, etc), the field orders were an awful idea, the player customization did more to ruin the thematic core of the game than anything in the past thanks in large part to the Paintball gear, the map design was generally awful with super large maps that non the less spawned in enemy crosshairs most of the time, a perk/unlock system that (at launch) was not explained in game at all., the worst co-op mode ever, the worst campaign ever...

No. Ghosts did two things: 1) It proved that COD is more than just its formula. 2) It proved that what people thought would be solutions were not (dedicated servers).

Ghosts was so atrocious that it feels like it could only have resulted from intentionally making it awful.

Ghosts is not just the worst Call of Duty I've ever played - including Call of Duty 3 and all those old console only offshoots like The Big Red One and Finest Hour - but it's one of the worst first person shooters I've had the displeasure of playing in the entire 360/PS3 generation. It's barely a notch above the unplayable Legendary and Turning Point.

If those technical issues were there at one point, they are gone now. Best hit detection in a long time and the field orders are a great idea. The big maps are also great. It certainly didn't stand out as being bad to me and there's still plenty of people playing it. But, I'm well aware that I'm in the minority since the game gets a lot of hate. I just didn't feel it was that bad.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#29schmarkenheimerPosted 7/30/2014 5:46:12 AM
johnnykev posted...
DiaperDandee posted...
I wonder how many people are in the same boat as me when it comes to not even being remotely excited in the series anymore even if I did like games in the past. I really liked COD4 and back then that was a game I couldn't wait for, now I can't even get remotely excited for any of them in the franchise.

Well, you got me rowing that damn boat, so there are at least two of us.

+1 although I wasn't that excited for 4. It looked interesting, had seen a bit and jumped in, was great. Since then I haven't bothered with the series.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#30garcia_jxPosted 7/30/2014 5:59:55 AM
dnmt posted...
Not the same old Call of Duty except it looks exactly like the same old Call of Duty. This is one franchise that could really use a vacation.

Ummm.....No it doesn't