UPDATE: Pinball FX2 - Tables purchased on 360 will now import to Xbox One

#1regsantotomasPosted 7/29/2014 12:20:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted feedback and/or went to Zen Studio's site to voice their concerns.

I am glad that Microsoft did the right thing here.

http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/pinball-fx2-xbox-one-update/

First of all, we’d like to thank the Zen Studios community for their feedback on our announcement of the Xbox One version of Pinball FX2. We cannot underestimate the importance of your support, insight, and yes, even criticism regarding our projects. Zen Studios has a few announcements to make affecting Pinball FX2 fans and particularly the Xbox One version of the game.

Microsoft and Zen Studios have taken your feedback to heart, and seeing that many of you were very upset with the news that table transfers between Xbox 360 and Xbox One would not be happening, we have some good news for you! We will be able to implement table transfers on Xbox One starting from Pinball FX2’s launch. Any available table on Xbox One that was previously purchased for Xbox 360 can be imported to the new version free of charge.

However, as this process will take a bit more development time for the game, Pinball FX2 version of Xbox One will see a slight delay from its original release date this week to next month. We apologize to any fans affected by this delay, but we pledge to make it up to you by incorporating this highly desired feature.

Once again, we cannot thank you enough for your support through this process, as well as Microsoft’s, who took your feedback very seriously and worked with us to implement this feature. And again, we do apologize for the delay while we create the Pinball FX2 experience that our fans both want and deserve. We’re excited to bring Pinball FX2 to Xbox One owners, to have their previous purchases honored and transferred, and we can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got coming in the future.

We thank you for your continued support!

---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#2KalibakPosted 7/29/2014 12:26:13 PM
That's great! I can continue my support of Zen Studios. Until this announcement, had no plans to re-purchase old tables & would certainly not give them another penny for any new ones.

Now, they will enjoy revenue from my future purchases.

Good job!
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 7/29/2014 12:28:28 PM
I just noticed that all my PS3 tables imported into my PS4 version of Zen Pinball. I didn't realize they were the same game. Definitely a good move, as I will now likely buy new tables from them.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Destiny, and Guacamelee
#4PreacherXWDSXPosted 7/29/2014 12:31:51 PM
Kalibak posted...
That's great! I can continue my support of Zen Studios. Until this announcement, had no plans to re-purchase old tables & would certainly not give them another penny for any new ones.

Now, they will enjoy revenue from my future purchases.

Good job!

My feelings exactly.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#5crucialPosted 7/29/2014 1:02:03 PM
Great work MS,once again they listen to the gamer's even though this should have never even been thought of since on 360 my tables carried over from FX1,but yes I will continue to support Zen and MS,can't wait for Walking Dead table this fall and maybe Game of Thrones since Zen has the rights now.
#6regsantotomas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 1:37:53 PM
^ I would say that while Zen (and eventually Microsoft) get credit for making this happen; it was the community of gamers who posted constructive criticism on Zen and Microsoft's feedback site that really made the difference.
---
#7Vincent729Posted 7/29/2014 1:47:31 PM
Nice. Thanks for posting.

We will still have to re-buy the "base game" right?
---
GT: Vindex RN
#8regsantotomas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 1:59:35 PM
The base game was announced to be for Free originally. Don't know if that has changed.
---