why aren't there more wild west games?

#21Jason_HudsonPosted 7/29/2014 6:48:46 PM
It's the same reason WWI and the US Civil War aren't portrayed much, it's too slow for today's younger generations. They want their adrenaline rush, modern military shooters and just don't have the patience for slower paced things. I mean, they don't really do much in the way of space exploration either, it's all indies. You have stuff like Mass Effect and Destiny that are set in space, but take away the open nature of exploring a vast universe. Again, it'd be too slow.

Rockstar took a huge risk with Red Dead Redemption, and to this day it remains my favourite game.

So basically, most AAA developers want to play it safe, so they'll keep going over and over the same thing. That's something I respect about Rockstar, they may stick to the GTA series, but they've brought stuff that deviates from the norm like LA Noire, Bully and RDR (Redemption and Revolver).
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#22boolzeroPosted 7/29/2014 7:01:16 PM
aheroafake posted...
And ignored indefinitely.

I have to agree with the other posters... That just seemed a little knee jerk to ignore a guy because you didn't understand his self deprecating "I'm old and my knowledge of what's popular is dated" joke... As an "older" gamer, I thought it was pretty funny!

Oh well...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#23aheroafakePosted 7/29/2014 7:37:02 PM
boolzero posted...
aheroafake posted...
And ignored indefinitely.

I have to agree with the other posters... That just seemed a little knee jerk to ignore a guy because you didn't understand his self deprecating "I'm old and my knowledge of what's popular is dated" joke... As an "older" gamer, I thought it was pretty funny!

Oh well...

Okay?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |