Another world is the spiritual father of dark souls

#1slippertailsPosted 7/29/2014 4:27:55 PM
Playing this game recently made me realize how much it's like dark souls in particular. The brutal punishing nature , the non hand holding way they dont explain any of the mechanics of the game to you, the dying over and over, the learning and ultimately mastering through repetition, the precise nature of many challenges, the maze like connected nature of the entire map/game world where you have multiple directional options and never really know which way to go, and the overall silent mysterious vibe of both games. While dark souls is def a throwback to the brutal nature of older games Another world in particular strikes me as being intrinsically tied to dark souls in a very strange way. Anyone else get this feeling?
---
gt : slippertails
psn: slippertails
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/29/2014 4:33:37 PM
slippertails posted...
Playing this game recently made me realize how much it's like dark souls in particular. The brutal punishing nature , the non hand holding way they dont explain any of the mechanics of the game to you, the dying over and over, the learning and ultimately mastering through repetition, the precise nature of many challenges, the maze like connected nature of the entire map/game world where you have multiple directional options and never really know which way to go, and the overall silent mysterious vibe of both games. While dark souls is def a throwback to the brutal nature of older games Another world in particular strikes me as being intrinsically tied to dark souls in a very strange way. Anyone else get this feeling?

I agree, Sunset Overdrive will destroy Sony's lead.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 4:41:16 PM
Mi krubah.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#4mewmew42Posted 7/29/2014 4:53:54 PM
Zelda ocarina of time is the spiritual grandfather of soul series
#5slippertails(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 5:00:18 PM
mewmew42 posted...

There's definitely some of that in there as well. But for my money dark souls is like another world to the point of it being uncanny
---
#6mewmew42Posted 7/29/2014 5:04:41 PM
slippertails posted...
mewmew42 posted...

There's definitely some of that in there as well. But for my money dark souls is like another world to the point of it being uncanny

Pong is the big bang of all video games
#7liquidblue4Posted 7/29/2014 5:04:46 PM
King's Field.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#8slippertails(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 5:07:16 PM
mewmew42 posted...
slippertails posted...
mewmew42 posted...

Pong is the big bang of all video games

slippertails growing tired of your nonsense. Slippertails wish we could have civilized conversation without being needlessly aggressive and confrontational. Slippertails extremely disappointed in gamers as a whole
---
#9LEGEND_725Posted 7/29/2014 5:10:05 PM
Nah. Another world is the definition of trial and error gameplay. You have almost no chance of knowing how to do something your first playthrough until multiple deaths.

Souls on the other hand if your cautious you can clear a lot of things without dying
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#10lostkiwiPosted 7/29/2014 5:10:56 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
I agree, Sunset Overdrive will destroy Sony's lead.

Just like Titanfall did right?

Why on earth was your natural reaction to try and turn this into a Xbox vs PS4 topic?
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/