Tired of Halo being disrespected by being put in the same sentence as TLOU

#1312006_Posted 8/1/2014 2:44:48 PM
I really don't understand the hype for PS exclusives, yes they are good, but they are all the same damn game.

> blank 3rd person game

Give main charachter superpowers > Infamous
Add fantasy setting > Bloodborne
Remove super powers, add swords > God of War
Remove swords, add guns > Uncharted
Remove historic setting, add infectee/zombies > TLoU

Same game, different story.
#132mattglosbcfcPosted 8/1/2014 2:47:32 PM
Sabram posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Illogical_Poet posted...
Spoilers! :-P

Even though they are very early spoilers I added tag before some butt hurt troll tried to get me modded.

Heathenutopia posted...
Gamers rejoice! Haters...keep performing a Hoover maneuver on your so called life!

Halo and TLoU are masterpieces in their own rights. Get over it already and move on.

However, ANY talk of TLoU does not belong on these boards and that includes YOU, Tc.

TLOU is not a masterpiece by no stretch of the imagination

The high Metacritic score and slew of GotY awards says otherwise. I believe it's the most awarded game of all time. I'm playing through it myself now, and I can admit i'm really enjoying it. The gameplay is NOT that bad. It's nothing spectacular, but I cant ever remember having to hide from enemies who only hunt by sound before.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to metacritic scores if I were you.
According to reviewers Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game on the Xbox 360. Yeah suuuuuure.
#133mattglosbcfcPosted 8/1/2014 2:50:45 PM
Homie_202 posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Homie_202 posted...
The funniest part about this topic is the only halo that has a higher rating then last of us on metacritic is halo 1. The rest are lower except halo 2 which is tied. Halo is a great series but last of us pretty much destroys it. Halo doesn't really innovate on its gameplay. It just feels the same over and over. Not that that's a terrible thing but it's gonna get to a point where the franchise reaches fatigue.

I loved TLoU but it's gameplay really wasn't innovative. It controlled pretty much exactly like Uncharted.

Uncharteds gameplay is pretty innovative. It has hands down the best animations I have ever seen in any game in my 20 years of playing games. That to me is innovation naughty dog is pretty much the only people who truly blur the lines between gameplay, story, and cutscenes. No other studios games I have played do that.

rofl Uncharted's gameplay is innovative?!?! How is it innovative exactly? Having good animation is not innovative.
The gameplay of Uncharted is what makes the Uncharted series mediocre imo. Its shooting a ton of enemies then jumping. Rinse and repeat.
Sure it has great voice acting, graphics and production values. Some flashy set pieces, but the core gameplay is poor and gets repetitive fast. And gameplay to me is always the most important aspect of a game.
#134pnut3844Posted 8/1/2014 3:29:13 PM
As I said, the story and his actions back it up. Go back and play the story when MCC comes out, you'll change your tune. Luck wouldn't accomplish half the stuff he does. He has great tatical skill and can calculate on the fly. If you can't see that you're blind and we can't help you.
#135ienjoyhorsesPosted 8/1/2014 4:40:19 PM
5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours

lol get rekt
#136LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 4:54:40 PM
ienjoyhorses posted...
5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours

lol get rekt

Lol it wasn't even for this thread
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#137The_NightwingPosted 8/1/2014 4:58:35 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Both are great games. Why can't everyone just leave it at that?

Because people need to back up their primary console. Also people can't stand if others don't share their opinion.
#138LuDaCRis073Posted 8/1/2014 5:05:01 PM
With all the fps coming out this year, I'd rather have TLOU. Didn't play it on the ps3. I'd most likely get bored with Halo an go play destiny or new COD.
---
Rawr!
#139suzukimatsuiPosted 8/1/2014 6:18:10 PM
2006_ posted...
I really don't understand the hype for PS exclusives, yes they are good, but they are all the same damn game.

> blank 3rd person game

Give main charachter superpowers > Infamous
Add fantasy setting > Bloodborne
Remove super powers, add swords > God of War
Remove swords, add guns > Uncharted
Remove historic setting, add infectee/zombies > TLoU

Same game, different story.

And what about Halo then?
#140Mogga123_5Posted 8/1/2014 6:20:41 PM
Waiting for the next doom over any halo collection. Halo reach was downhill and 4 was just shocking.

The grandaddy of modern FPS's came out this year aswell and it was far better than the past 2 halos, so god knows what happens when it's younger brother comes out.
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking