Tired of Halo being disrespected by being put in the same sentence as TLOU

#141AmazingDanyPosted 8/1/2014 8:04:05 PM
If you take it personally, I feel really bad for you... Much growth you need.
#142SixStringHeroPosted 8/2/2014 7:56:45 PM(edited)
NateRose89 posted...
SixStringHero posted...
TLOU was a fantastic game and one of the best titles last year along with Bioshock, Tomb Raider and GTA V.

That said, TLOU brought absolutely zero innovation or originality, it was just an incredibly well done game as far as presentation, character development and voice acting.

That said, Halo revolutionized the FPS genre and virtually every top tier shooter to this day incorporates it's formula into it's game play from limited weapon inventory, recharging shields/health, instant melee attack, dedicated grenade button, etc.

Again. Never happened. Anyone who actually played games before that will know that plenty of fps had ALL tjose before Halo. Halo was really just right time, right place.

I have been playing FPS since Wolfenstein 3D so I can say with complete confidence that there was not a FPS prior to Halo that incorporated it's entire formula.

Feel free to name any. I am truly curious as I consider myself a FPS aficionado.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#143jakethenoobPosted 8/2/2014 8:04:30 PM
Why do people act like Counterstrike didn't popularize a 2 weapon limit?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#144LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 5:18:48 AM
SixStringHero posted...
NateRose89 posted...
SixStringHero posted...
TLOU was a fantastic game and one of the best titles last year along with Bioshock, Tomb Raider and GTA V.

That said, TLOU brought absolutely zero innovation or originality, it was just an incredibly well done game as far as presentation, character development and voice acting.

That said, Halo revolutionized the FPS genre and virtually every top tier shooter to this day incorporates it's formula into it's game play from limited weapon inventory, recharging shields/health, instant melee attack, dedicated grenade button, etc.

Again. Never happened. Anyone who actually played games before that will know that plenty of fps had ALL tjose before Halo. Halo was really just right time, right place.

I have been playing FPS since Wolfenstein 3D so I can say with complete confidence that there was not a FPS prior to Halo that incorporated it's entire formula.

Feel free to name any. I am truly curious as I consider myself a FPS aficionado.

This
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#145TurbokkPosted 8/4/2014 2:26:33 AM
Only trolls compare games like Sonic 06, Superman 64 and TLOU to masterpieces like Halo.
#146BDJaycePosted 8/4/2014 5:15:05 AM(edited)
Turbokk posted...
Only trolls compare games like Sonic 06, Superman 64 and TLOU to masterpieces like Halo.

And only trolls compare TLOU to games like Sonic 06 and Superman 64.

Edit: Sonic 06 and Superman 64 were jokes. TLOU actually won awards. Like it or not, fanboyism aside.. it must've done plenty of things right.

Halo started as a "masterpiece" with CE, it was a good game worthy of titles like game of the year.. but it'd be like if Michelangelo lived longer and started making other Davids that were shorter, fatter, and grosser than the original. Eventually 'masterpiece' leads to garbage.

I like the first Halo and the second Halo wasn't bad and I spent a lot of time on Halo 3's multiplayer but as time marches forward the game is slowly turning into garbage. Banking off the name to get the fanboys to buy their $200 legendary editions of the same thing we've had multiple times before.

Doom, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein. Halo just had the fortune of bringing all we had seen before to the console and once it took off Microsoft started milking it for everything it was worth.

At this point Halo isn't much better than Call of Duty. Same thing, different face.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that this half-asleep rant was in response to a joke so forgive anything you might find offensive and just let the angry parts deflect to people who actually believe that Halo is amazing at this point.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#147L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/4/2014 5:09:03 AM
You realize he was joking right? It's important to me that you understand that.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#148BDJaycePosted 8/4/2014 5:11:56 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
You realize he was joking right? It's important to me that you understand that.

Maybe but even if he was.. some people actually feel that way. Plus i'm just waking up and sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#149L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/4/2014 5:25:59 AM
At least god I hope so. Even the most die hard Xbox fan I know wouldn't lump Last of Us with Sonic 06 Superman 64
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#150TrueBlue91Posted 8/4/2014 5:32:01 AM
How has this troll not been assassinated yet? Why has society become so passive these days?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess