Tired of Halo being disrespected by being put in the same sentence as TLOU

#41SabramPosted 7/29/2014 7:57:23 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Sabram posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Illogical_Poet posted...
Spoilers! :-P

Even though they are very early spoilers I added tag before some butt hurt troll tried to get me modded.

Heathenutopia posted...
Gamers rejoice! Haters...keep performing a Hoover maneuver on your so called life!

Halo and TLoU are masterpieces in their own rights. Get over it already and move on.

However, ANY talk of TLoU does not belong on these boards and that includes YOU, Tc.

TLOU is not a masterpiece by no stretch of the imagination

The high Metacritic score and slew of GotY awards says otherwise. I believe it's the most awarded game of all time. I'm playing through it myself now, and I can admit i'm really enjoying it. The gameplay is NOT that bad. It's nothing spectacular, but I cant ever remember having to hide from enemies who only hunt by sound before.

Meh reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. Skyrim got tons of 10 reviews and while I love ES skyrim was an 8.5/9 at best

Reviews are just opinions that people are paid for, true enough. A lot of the folks reviewing Skyrim likely didnt play Morrowind, which to other people is a much better ES game.

However, this would be a LOT of opinions agreeing on each other with no common reason or motivation. Sure a few big name reviews might have gotten nice swag bags in exchange for a good score, but considering it was a new IP, i doubt Sony could have demanded "Give it 10/10 or no more review copies for you" Therefore it's still a lot of reviews with high marks even discounting say, 20 of the 10/10s due to swag bags from the bigger names in reviews like IGN. Hell Gamespot only gave it an 8, which a lot of the detractors are saying is appropriate (not counting "Duuuurrr, boring game, 0/10" trolls)

To get that many random people to agree on anything even coerced is a stretch, to do it without a common reason is impossible UNLESS THE OPINION IS TRUTH. Shocking I know, but the less randomness is taken out of the equasion, and the less variable there are, the more likely a thing is to be true, even when opinion based. Since Sony likes to say TLoU got "Over 200 Game of the Year Awards" the only logical answer is that it is a very good game. Mind you a game doesnt have to get a 10/10 to get Game of the Year from a lot of places, but it sure as hell helps.

So honestly, the more "variable" like reviews and GoTY awards the game got, the less likely you can just discount it as "This is just some guy's/gal's opinion" and the more you have to accept that it just might be true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_function

There's even a scientific term for this kind of thing.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#42XilithionPosted 7/29/2014 9:22:37 PM(edited)
I own TLoU R and I have preordered MCC and I do think that they belong in the same sentence. Both games not matter how you spin are just being re-released with better graphics and you can bash on the TLoU for having been originally released a little over a year ago(which is a little ridiculous)but this is going to be what the 3rd generation in a row they have released Halo 1 and thats not counting that it was released on PC as well. I am very excited to sit down with some friends and play some split screen multiplayer Halo 2 like old times but it is nothing more than a ploy by MS and ND to get more money out of gamers. Also IMO both Halo and TLoU are fantastic games and some of my favorites of all time.
---
PSN:Gannen,GT:Raven0518,Steam ID:Xilithion, Platforms Being Played:PS3/4,Xbox 360/One,Wii U,PC
Sony Pony For Life
#43SabramPosted 7/29/2014 9:28:50 PM
Xilithion posted...
I own TLoU R and I have preordered MCC and I do think that they belong in the same sentence. Both games not matter how you spin are just being re-released with better graphics and you can bash on the TLoU for having been originally released a little over a year ago(which is a little ridiculous)but this is going to be what the 3rd generation in a row they have released Halo 1 and thats not counting that it was released on PC as well. I am very excited to sit down with some friends and play some split screen multiplayer Halo 2 like old times but it is nothing more than a ploy by MS and ND to get more money out of gamers. Also IMO both Halo and TLoU are fantastic games and some of my favorites of all time.

Has it been confirmed the MCC will include split-screen multiplayer? All i've heard about it is that you can play it over Xbox Live.
---
#44VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 9:29:37 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a FPS revolutionary? ...?

Halo CE defined console FPSs, Halo 2 was the face of MLG and brought online console gaming to light. Yes, they were revolutionary.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#45mokmuudPosted 7/29/2014 9:31:19 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
mokmuud posted...
Master Chief is no more iconic than doomguy or any other FPS protagonist.

Thank you ^.^

You're welcome;)
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#46SabramPosted 7/29/2014 9:33:14 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Halo CE defined console FPSs, Halo 2 was the face of MLG and brought online console gaming to light. Yes, they were revolutionary.

No one can really argue that it didnt change the face of competitive console gaming. People can argue whether they enjoyed it or not.

Personally, I tried to enjoy Halo CE when it was released on PC, but kept getting yelled at due to my methods of killing folks (running them over in Warthogs and rocket sniping) which killed the experience for me.
---
#47XilithionPosted 7/29/2014 9:34:29 PM
Sabram posted...
Xilithion posted...

Has it been confirmed the MCC will include split-screen multiplayer? All i've heard about it is that you can play it over Xbox Live.

I am not one hundred percent sure but during one of the videos of the reveal at E3 the guy talking about it said that they are leaving the old style Halo 2 multiplayer alone because it was one of the best parts about the game. I was hoping he was talking about the splitscreen but I am not sure.
---
PSN:Gannen,GT:Raven0518,Steam ID:Xilithion, Platforms Being Played:PS3/4,Xbox 360/One,Wii U,PC
Sony Pony For Life
#48VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 9:38:21 PM
Sabram posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

No one can really argue that it didnt change the face of competitive console gaming. People can argue whether they enjoyed it or not.

Personally, I tried to enjoy Halo CE when it was released on PC, but kept getting yelled at due to my methods of killing folks (running them over in Warthogs and rocket sniping) which killed the experience for me.

And people cry "Camper!!!" If you've got a sniper and you've picked a spot to snipe. Don't let idiots ruin the experience for you because they're, well, idiots. Snipers are meant to snipe, not run around the map trying to l33tn0sc0pe360z. =P and I know, I wasn't saying that a person must enjoy Halo, just stating that Halo was kind of revolutionary with how both CE and 2 worked.
---
#49VoidBeyondPosted 7/29/2014 9:39:56 PM
Sabram posted...
Xilithion posted...

Yes but no more 4-player local for CE and 2. All 4 Halos have 2 playing local, 4 over Live.
---
#50XilithionPosted 7/29/2014 9:41:14 PM
Xilithion posted...
Sabram posted...
Xilithion posted...

I am not one hundred percent sure but during one of the videos of the reveal at E3 the guy talking about it said that they are leaving the old style Halo 2 multiplayer alone because it was one of the best parts about the game. I was hoping he was talking about the splitscreen but I am not sure.

I have found the all 4 games will have splitscreen co-op so I don't see why it wouldn't have splitscreen multiplayer.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Sports-Split-Screen-Play-PC-Port-Now-64816.html

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/master-chief-collection-q-a-from-343i.454060579/
---
Sony Pony For Life