Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

#31duericPosted 7/30/2014 1:20:37 PM
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#32regsantotomasPosted 7/30/2014 1:30:02 PM
Ellesarien posted...

I think this will depend on Sony and how much they are willing to adjust pricing of their current programs. It is going to be really interesting to see how this all ends up and what precedent it has set for others.

That is the real takeaway here. Companies adjust according to market demands that are often impacted by what the competition offers with regards to value proposition. We saw this with Games w Gold on Xbox Live and would not be surprised to see an adjustment on offerings like Playstation Now moving forward.

This is a good thing unless you are a console warrior.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#33MetroidFan9999Posted 7/30/2014 1:30:32 PM
dueric posted...

My thoughts exactly.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#34DonVito1990Posted 7/30/2014 1:42:16 PM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...
EA would never develop exclusively for a single platform.

I would be surprised if this service doesn't eventually reach PS4 and PC depending on its success here.

But they have shown that they will exclude platforms. They never released a Dreamcast game and Sega was a big part of the market share before and slightly after the PS2 released.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#35EllesarienPosted 7/30/2014 2:05:56 PM
dueric posted...

Only to a complete company shill can OPTIONS and CHOICES be used as something negative.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#36duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:12:25 PM
Ellesarien posted...
dueric posted...

Only to a complete company shill can OPTIONS and CHOICES be used as something negative.

Ah. The "choices" argument. Did you read that in the comments section of Kotaku or Joystiq?

How does having this choice to pay for old games that you otherwise wouldn't, benefit you? Or anyone for that matter?

And how does Sony not allowing this "choice" hurt their fanbase?

Please enlighten me.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#37EllesarienPosted 7/30/2014 2:26:29 PM
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
dueric posted...

Ah. The "choices" argument. Did you read that in the comments section of Kotaku or Joystiq?

How does having this choice to pay for old games that you otherwise wouldn't, benefit you? Or anyone for that matter?

And how does Sony not allowing this "choice" hurt their fanbase?

Please enlighten me.

Sure.

I will absolutely be using the feature to demo the new year's EA sports game to see if they have changed enough to warrant a purchase. I no longer have to ask for other people's opinion that do own that game and can make that decision based solely on my opinion.

I also will be excited to play older EA games that I decided to pass on. I know somehow this has become the equivalent of chugging Draino but I am excited for the possibilities. I also enjoy the fact that it can be done monthly so if I do see it is not going as I like I can quit at anytime.

I don't own a PS4 yet and this is not coming to the PS4 so it's not really a variable in this scenario. If this board is any indicator though, it seems the entire Sony fanbase sees this as if Lucifer himself is behind it so I am sure they aren't hurt at all. Why are they here then? Enlighten me.

So how about you go nutsack over PS+ and PSNow and X-1 fans can do the same with this program and GWG. I have yet to hear a valid reason why people that don't own a X-1 even care tbh. I mean...I don't care how much Sony is charging for their PSNow because it doesn't affect me. That seems a premise that Sony fans just can't get though.

Once again....I like options and choices....you might not.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#38duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:31:34 PM
Ellesarien posted...
snip.

The main point is you didn't answer any of my questions. To which I say, I figured as much.
---
#39EllesarienPosted 7/30/2014 2:36:33 PM
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
snip.

The main point is you didn't answer any of my questions. To which I say, I figured as much.

Hehe....Holy crap...that might be the best case of 'taking a knee' that I have seen. I think I got the answer I needed though. That was great.
---
#40aheroafakePosted 7/30/2014 2:38:31 PM
lol
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |