Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

#41duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:38:58 PM
Ellesarien posted...
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
snip.

The main point is you didn't answer any of my questions. To which I say, I figured as much.

Hehe....Holy crap...that might be the best case of 'taking a knee' that I have seen. I think I got the answer I needed though. That was great.

Man, and you're going to pay $30 a year to play Madden? Do you know the difference between a home run and a goal?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#42MrImpatient35Posted 7/30/2014 2:43:57 PM
With the amount of disrespect and hatred I've seen from rabid Sony fanboys against EA and Microsoft, I hope they do join forces out of spite lol. Everything from EA is exclusive for this whole gen. Want Titanfall 2? Too bad lol. Maybe you shouldn't have been talking all that s*** about the first one.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#43ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 2:46:37 PM
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
dueric posted...
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.

Only to a complete company shill can OPTIONS and CHOICES be used as something negative.

Ah. The "choices" argument. Did you read that in the comments section of Kotaku or Joystiq?

How does having this choice to pay for old games that you otherwise wouldn't, benefit you? Or anyone for that matter?

And how does Sony not allowing this "choice" hurt their fanbase?

Please enlighten me.

Lets say I'm 1 of the millions of gamers that buy FIFA, madden and/or nhl every single year....

The EA sub would cost me: $30

Each of those games would cost me: ~ $55 (no tax)

Now lets say I, never bought/rented Peggle/Battlefield, but I would love to play them, it would cost me: $0

Now the new madden comes out next month and I want to get it... It will cost me: ~ $55

So the totals are with the EA Sub: $140 for 2 sports games and 2 freebies Peggle 2/Battlefield

For the same games without the EA Sub: $180 for 2 sports games at ~$60, Peggle 2 ~$20, Battlefield ~$40 (used) ...

That is $40 more without the ability to play games before everyone else, and not be able to play anything EA puts in their Sub for free for a year and the 10% off on future purchases...

If you don't see the VALUE that millions of sports gamers will see without looking from a whole 'hardcore gamer' view... You are delusional... Also more games will added.. making it more and more enticing..

Now don't get all crazy saying... 'Well I don't play sports games' ... Good... That is your preference...

Just don't be a fanpup, and use your preference as an objective look because YOU don't see value or it isn't on YOUR preferred console...

It is fact, that million of gamers will see this as value, especially because they were already paying for EAs Season pass on sports games... Just now they will get more 'perks'
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#44duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:49:14 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
With the amount of disrespect and hatred I've seen from rabid Sony fanboys against EA and Microsoft, I hope they do join forces out of spite lol. Everything from EA is exclusive for this whole gen. Want Titanfall 2? Too bad lol. Maybe you shouldn't have been talking all that s*** about the first one.

When the word "disrespect" is in the same sentence as EA, but not relative to its' own practices, a star swallows itself.

Good job, dude. You just scored a Sack for the universe.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#45ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 2:53:57 PM
Hell I didn't even include people that already own FIFA 14 and/or madden 25...

They can Sub to EA and sell their old copies, which inturn will probably cover the cost of the sub for this year... If not most of it...

That right there we KNOW is millions of gamers that will be enticed to Subcribe...

Just sayin LOL
---
#46duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:54:23 PM
ScRui posted...
snip

If this service includes current games, EA would lose millions.

They may suck from a consumer standpoint, but they didn't get there being stupid with their wallet.
---
#47RuinerEraserPosted 7/30/2014 2:56:08 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
181stCommander posted...
An alliance between EA and MS is like Hitler and the Devil joining forces.

Or Jesus and Martin Luther King Jr.

LOL!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#48ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 2:56:38 PM
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...
snip

If this service includes current games, EA would lose millions.

They may suck from a consumer standpoint, but they didn't get there being stupid with their wallet.

What? Did you read?
---
#49EllesarienPosted 7/30/2014 2:58:33 PM
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
dueric posted...
Ellesarien posted...
snip.

The main point is you didn't answer any of my questions. To which I say, I figured as much.

Hehe....Holy crap...that might be the best case of 'taking a knee' that I have seen. I think I got the answer I needed though. That was great.

Man, and you're going to pay $30 a year to play Madden? Do you know the difference between a home run and a goal?

Being completely disingenious and not even coming close to what I said I was going to be using it for isn't helping your point man.

I gave a bunch of different reasons about why I was excited and you just ignored it and went with "Paying $30 a year for Madden".

That was pretty poor man and shows you had ZERO desire to discuss.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#50duericPosted 7/30/2014 3:01:44 PM
ScRui posted...
Hell I didn't even include people that already own FIFA 14 and/or madden 25...

They can Sub to EA and sell their old copies, which inturn will probably cover the cost of the sub for this year... If not most of it...

That right there we KNOW is millions of gamers that will be enticed to Subcribe...

Just sayin LOL

Sure, you could totally do that. Sell a product you already have, for less than half what you paid, to pay again, to not own it anymore.

"Dude, I'll pay $60 for Madden now because down the line I can trade it for less than half of that and then pay again to keep playing it. The math totally adds up. I'm surprised EA missed this loophole."
---