Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

#51regsantotomasPosted 7/30/2014 2:04:05 PM
Seems to be so much conspiracy laden slippery slope fallacies being thrown around with regards to the "villainous" EA.

It's not a big mystery to me. EA (and many publishers) are looking to have a regular revenue stream and not just the spikes when they release titles. To entice consumers to subscribe, they have to provide value.

The gambit here is that people who would not have spent money on EA at all will spend money on a regular basis even if it is in smaller amounts.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#52duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:07:10 PM
Ellesarien posted...

Being completely disingenious and not even coming close to what I said I was going to be using it for isn't helping your point man.

I gave a bunch of different reasons about why I was excited and you just ignored it and went with "Paying $30 a year for Madden".

That was pretty poor man and shows you had ZERO desire to discuss.

Dude, a knee has been taken. The game is over.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#53ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 2:09:30 PM
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...
Hell I didn't even include people that already own FIFA 14 and/or madden 25...

They can Sub to EA and sell their old copies, which inturn will probably cover the cost of the sub for this year... If not most of it...

That right there we KNOW is millions of gamers that will be enticed to Subcribe...

Just sayin LOL

Sure, you could totally do that. Sell a product you already have, for less than half what you paid, to pay again, to not own it anymore.

"Dude, I'll pay $60 for Madden now because down the line I can trade it for less than half of that and then pay again to keep playing it. The math totally adds up. I'm surprised EA missed this loophole."

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make him drink...

I explained why it IS a value to a lot of gamers... You explain to me why it isn't a value...

BTW I by this last post of yours, you definitely don't play sports game, Hell probably don't what sports either... There are more sports gamers than there are almost any other genre... Besides, maybe.. FPSs...

Go ahead, your turn to explain your reasoning..
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#54duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:13:10 PM
ScRui posted...
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

They can Sub to EA and sell their old copies, which inturn will probably cover the cost of the sub for this year... If not most of it...

That right there we KNOW is millions of gamers that will be enticed to Subcribe...

Just sayin LOL

Sure, you could totally do that. Sell a product you already have, for less than half what you paid, to pay again, to not own it anymore.

"Dude, I'll pay $60 for Madden now because down the line I can trade it for less than half of that and then pay again to keep playing it. The math totally adds up. I'm surprised EA missed this loophole."

I explained why it IS a value to a lot of gamers... You explain to me why it isn't a value...

BTW I by this last post of yours, you definitely don't play sports game, Hell probably don't what sports either... There are more sports gamers than there are almost any other genre... Besides, maybe.. FPSs...

How do you know what is valuable to other gamers? Are you a Psychic? Does Jeannie Smith like me? Is my boss stealing my lunch? Will the Indians win the Superbowl this year?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#55ScRuiPosted 7/30/2014 2:16:32 PM
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

Just sayin LOL

How do you know what is valuable to other gamers? Are you a Psychic? Does Jeannie Smith like me? Is my boss stealing my lunch? Will the Indians win the Superbowl this year?

Because the sales of sports games every year shows it...

Pick and choose what you want to read/quote from my posts...

Atleast give me a counter argument support why this isn't a great Value for millions of gamers...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#56regsantotomasPosted 7/30/2014 2:23:22 PM
Like he said, the value is implied by the support that these sport titles get on an annual basis.

To what degree this will be viewed as a value is the unknown here. I suspect, however, that in time many gamers will adopt this subscription model - I am sure to the dismay of some.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#57phoenix9291Posted 7/30/2014 2:23:43 PM
The argument that there are older games which you will now be paying for which you otherwise wouldn't is one of the worst arguments I have repeatedly seen brought up in regards to this topic and the thought process exhibits a severe lack of logic.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#58duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:26:57 PM
ScRui posted...

Atleast give me a counter argument support why this isn't a great Value for millions of gamers...

Yeah. That's right. People buy tons of EA sports games. So why in the world would they give away the current ones for $30 a year? This year you get Madden 25. Next year you get Madden 15 and so on. Same with Fifa, and Battlefield and everything else.

Use your head, dude. Anonymity on the internet does not mean you have to forget that you're a reasonable person.

What else do you want me to counter? That the saying is actually "lead a horse to water"?
---
#59phoenix9291Posted 7/30/2014 2:34:17 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

Yeah. That's right. People buy tons of EA sports games. So why in the world would they give away the current ones for $30 a year? This year you get Madden 25. Next year you get Madden 15 and so on. Same with Fifa, and Battlefield and everything else.

Use your head, dude. Anonymity on the internet does not mean you have to forget that you're a reasonable person.

What else do you want me to counter? That the saying is actually "lead a horse to water"?

You can typically sell your sports games for around $20 a piece at the beginning of the summer. I got around $26 for NHL 14 on 360 a couple months ago when I traded it towards NHL 15. At an average of $20 a piece you can sell two sports games for a total of $40 and then purchase the $30 year subscription of EA access to retain access to those sports titles for a net gain of $10 which can then be put towards the next years sports titles or something else.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#60duericPosted 7/30/2014 2:36:39 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
The argument that there are older games which you will now be paying for which you otherwise wouldn't is one of the worst arguments I have repeatedly seen brought up in regards to this topic and the thought process exhibits a severe lack of logic.

Dude, what do you think the point of this service is? To get you to pay for something you otherwise wouldn't, without actually giving you anything tangible in return. It's all gravy for them.

So yeah. There is definitely a sever lack in logic here.
---