Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership
1 year ago#61
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

Because the sales of sports games every year shows it...

Pick and choose what you want to read/quote from my posts...

Atleast give me a counter argument support why this isn't a great Value for millions of gamers...

Yeah. That's right. People buy tons of EA sports games. So why in the world would they give away the current ones for $30 a year? This year you get Madden 25. Next year you get Madden 15 and so on. Same with Fifa, and Battlefield and everything else.

Use your head, dude. Anonymity on the internet does not mean you have to forget that you're a reasonable person.

What else do you want me to counter? That the saying is actually "lead a horse to water"?

Yep that is exactly how people will use it... LMFAO

You're a Clown

No one is giving up anything... I broke it down in my first post... Showing the Value millions will see in the Subscription...

Than I stated that I didn't even mention that.. to those gamers that own Madden 25 and FIFA 14, they literally sell thier copies of those games and cover the cost of the Subscription for a year... Or atleast most of the price... Because they would still be able to play those games through Downloading them fir FREE on EAs Vault...

BTW I used donkey for a reason.... Your last post proved me right...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
1 year ago#62
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
The argument that there are older games which you will now be paying for which you otherwise wouldn't is one of the worst arguments I have repeatedly seen brought up in regards to this topic and the thought process exhibits a severe lack of logic.

Dude, what do you think the point of this service is? To get you to pay for something you otherwise wouldn't, without actually giving you anything tangible in return. It's all gravy for them.

So yeah. There is definitely a sever lack in logic here.

You can pay $5 for a month to play a game which you want to play but consider even the used cost to be too much at the current time. You just proved to me that you lack the logic in regards to this. I WANT to play Battlefield 4. I currently DON'T want to pay $30 to buy it used so that I can play it for a month and then become occupied by something else. That $5 cost to play it for a month thanks to this program is much better than buying it used for $30 and then trading it in for what would very likely be less than $25 when I am finished.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
1 year ago#63
phoenix9291 posted...
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

Atleast give me a counter argument support why this isn't a great Value for millions of gamers...

Yeah. That's right. People buy tons of EA sports games. So why in the world would they give away the current ones for $30 a year? This year you get Madden 25. Next year you get Madden 15 and so on. Same with Fifa, and Battlefield and everything else.

Use your head, dude. Anonymity on the internet does not mean you have to forget that you're a reasonable person.

What else do you want me to counter? That the saying is actually "lead a horse to water"?

You can typically sell your sports games for around $20 a piece at the beginning of the summer. I got around $26 for NHL 14 on 360 a couple months ago when I traded it towards NHL 15. At an average of $20 a piece you can sell two sports games for a total of $40 and then purchase the $30 year subscription of EA access to retain access to those sports titles for a net gain of $10 which can then be put towards the next years sports titles or something else.

That only works if you paid $20 for the games when you bought them.

Not to mention that if everyone did this, the trades wouldn't hold their value as long anymore. Values go down when trades go up.

Besides, does EA really want used shelves filled with their games? More so than they are now? Believe me, they've thought of this and are sure they have it figured out.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
1 year ago#64
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
dueric posted...
ScRui posted...

You can typically sell your sports games for around $20 a piece at the beginning of the summer. I got around $26 for NHL 14 on 360 a couple months ago when I traded it towards NHL 15. At an average of $20 a piece you can sell two sports games for a total of $40 and then purchase the $30 year subscription of EA access to retain access to those sports titles for a net gain of $10 which can then be put towards the next years sports titles or something else.

That only works if you paid $20 for the games when you bought them.

Not to mention that if everyone did this, the trades wouldn't hold their value as long anymore. Values go down when trades go up.

Besides, does EA really want used shelves filled with their games? More so than they are now? Believe me, they've thought of this and are sure they have it figured out.

It doesn't only work with that as many sports gamers do trade their old version for the newer version unless they don't update every year. Otherwise you would be stuck with tons of older years of sports games when you only play the newer version.
---
1 year ago#65
phoenix9291 posted...
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
The argument that there are older games which you will now be paying for which you otherwise wouldn't is one of the worst arguments I have repeatedly seen brought up in regards to this topic and the thought process exhibits a severe lack of logic.

Dude, what do you think the point of this service is? To get you to pay for something you otherwise wouldn't, without actually giving you anything tangible in return. It's all gravy for them.

So yeah. There is definitely a sever lack in logic here.

You can pay $5 for a month to play a game which you want to play but consider even the used cost to be too much at the current time. You just proved to me that you lack the logic in regards to this. I WANT to play Battlefield 4. I currently DON'T want to pay $30 to buy it used so that I can play it for a month and then become occupied by something else. That $5 cost to play it for a month thanks to this program is much better than buying it used for $30 and then trading it in for what would very likely be less than $25 when I am finished.

So if this wasn't a thing, you never would have bought BF 4?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
1 year ago#66
phoenix9291 posted...

It doesn't only work with that as many sports gamers do trade their old version for the newer version unless they don't update every year. Otherwise you would be stuck with tons of older years of sports games when you only play the newer version.

If you paid full price for the 2 games you traded to pay for the service, you basically paid an extra $50 towards the price of the service.

So is it as good a deal at $80 as it is $30? That's the question you'd have to ask.

I mean, do you guys really think games will be available on the service the day they launch outside of a "demo" status?
---
1 year ago#67
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

If you paid full price for the 2 games you traded to pay for the service, you basically paid an extra $50 towards the price of the service.

So is it as good a deal at $80 as it is $30? That's the question you'd have to ask.

I mean, do you guys really think games will be available on the service the day they launch outside of a "demo" status?

I hope you are NOT this piped up..... I'm done

Go read my first post in this topic... Hopefully you will understand ... Finally!
---
1 year ago#68
If this was never a thing it would have been a few more months until it fell to an acceptable cost to pay for the benefit of playing the game.

dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

A person would have paid for two games (NHL 15 and FIFA 15 for example), gotten months of use out of them and then traded them in for a discount on the future titles (NHL 16 and FIFA 16) while at the same time being given the ability to still play them, play the 5 day early access of NHL 16 and FIFA 16, and have access to anything in the Vault.

I have no idea what you mean in regards to games being available on the same day they launch outside "demo" status unless you are talking about say Dragon Age being available in the Vault the same day it is released which I in no way ever implied. I talked about older sports games, right now FIFA 14 and the one Madden game, which are in the Vault can be traded towards their upcoming versions and yet the player can still have access to those older versions until the new game is out via the Vault if they are subscribed.
---
1 year ago#69
dueric posted...
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.
1 year ago#70
blacklabelice posted...
dueric posted...
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.

Hey blacklabelice

if you agree with that comment, then why do have atleast owned 12 EA sports titles and almost every NFS game out LOL...

They must not be that bad... You show it by purchasing a lot of their software...

After looking at what you play/own... I actually think that EA Access would be a great Subscription for you to have...
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived