Microsoft and EA have an unprecedented partnership

#71duericPosted 7/30/2014 4:22:00 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
snip

But how many people are going to play the old Madden when they get the new one? Do you?

This is the exact point of the service. To get you to think you're getting more than you are. (Not you, but people in general)

I mean, let's be realistic. This argument isn't about whether the service is worth it or not. It's about Xbox vs PS.

Make no mistake, I'm an Xbox fanboy. I've had Live since the original Xbox. But there is no way in hell this is a bullet point we should be hanging our hats on.

If this service were available on both platforms, I bet half the people arguing for it wouldn't give a s*** because we ALL hate EA and know their reputation.

Unfortunately, it is what it is, and that's sad that a company like EA could steal some publicity because of the ridiculousness that is internet console wars.

It's embarrassing to me an an Xbox fan.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#72MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/30/2014 4:24:52 PM
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
snip

But how many people are going to play the old Madden when they get the new one? Do you?

This is the exact point of the service. To get you to think you're getting more than you are. (Not you, but people in general)

I mean, let's be realistic. This argument isn't about whether the service is worth it or not. It's about Xbox vs PS.

Make no mistake, I'm an Xbox fanboy. I've had Live since the original Xbox. But there is no way in hell this is a bullet point we should be hanging our hats on.

If this service were available on both platforms, I bet half the people arguing for it wouldn't give a s*** because we ALL hate EA and know their reputation.

Unfortunately, it is what it is, and that's sad that a company like EA could steal some publicity because of the ridiculousness that is internet console wars.

True Gamers defend the one and only next gen system, Xbox One, no matter what!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#73duericPosted 7/30/2014 4:31:35 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...

True Gamers defend the one and only next gen system, Xbox One, no matter what!

This many people haven't argued in favor of EA since the last "Worst Company in America" title.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#74phoenix9291Posted 7/30/2014 4:34:40 PM
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
snip

I only play the NHL games yearly and have combined purchased maybe 6 FIFA and Madden games since the 90's.
I trade in my NHL games sometime during the summer before the new one releases however I miss out on being able to play during that period which this program would presumably fix.
If I end up taking part in this at all I plan on exploiting it to get the best value for myself and canceling when needed rather than always being subbed.

Over the last day I have seen too many posts about it being impossible to get value out of the service so I have been overly focused on that.

I tend to ignore the Xbox vs PlayStation stuff though...like I said I have been overly focused on the value arguments. For me this is just another service available. You're right that it shouldn't be used in some console war argument. I am not going to get into why on that though as I stay away from encouraging those discussions.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#75duericPosted 7/30/2014 4:47:13 PM(edited)
phoenix9291 posted...

I only play the NHL games yearly and have combined purchased maybe 6 FIFA and Madden games since the 90's.
I trade in my NHL games sometime during the summer before the new one releases however I miss out on being able to play during that period which this program would presumably fix.
If I end up taking part in this at all I plan on exploiting it to get the best value for myself and canceling when needed rather than always being subbed.

Over the last day I have seen too many posts about it being impossible to get value out of the service so I have been overly focused on that.

I tend to ignore the Xbox vs PlayStation stuff though...like I said I have been overly focused on the value arguments. For me this is just another service available. You're right that it shouldn't be used in some console war argument. I am not going to get into why on that though as I stay away from encouraging those discussions.

But here's where I'm stuck. If you still wanted to play, why did you trade in the game in the first place?

And don't you think others have thought of this? I mean, in the long run it's just going to drive trade values down. (Which is probably part of EA's strategy in all reality. Less used games on shelves).

So while it may work this year, it most likely won't in the future. Because the only games you're going to have full access too are the ones you want to trade in, not for.
---
#76phoenix9291Posted 7/30/2014 5:11:33 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

But here's where I'm stuck. If you still wanted to play, why did you trade in the game in the first place?

And don't you think others have thought of this? I mean, in the long run it's just going to drive trade values down. (Which is probably part of EA's strategy in all reality. Less used games on shelves).

So while it may work this year, it most likely won't in the future. Because the only games you're going to have full access too are the ones you want to trade in, not for.

The simple answer is Economics. The benefit of the extra money gained by trading in early outweighed the cost of not being able to play right now. When the new version releases it will be worth much less than it was when I traded it in. Already between when I traded it in and right now there is a difference of around $10 and that will only continue to increase. Finding that right time of when to continue playing and when to trade in is all Economics.

Edit: This also isn't something that has only worked this year. It is something that I have been doing for quite some time now.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#77duericPosted 7/30/2014 5:30:51 PM
phoenix9291 posted...

The simple answer is Economics. The benefit of the extra money gained by trading in early outweighed the cost of not being able to play right now. When the new version releases it will be worth much less than it was when I traded it in. Already between when I traded it in and right now there is a difference of around $10 and that will only continue to increase. Finding that right time of when to continue playing and when to trade in is all Economics.

Edit: This also isn't something that has only worked this year. It is something that I have been doing for quite some time now.

Fair enough.

I guess I'd see that as more of an ancillary benefit than a reason to subscribe.
---
#78blacklabelicePosted 7/30/2014 11:30:02 PM
ScRui posted...
blacklabelice posted...
dueric posted...
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.

Hey blacklabelice

if you agree with that comment, then why do have atleast owned 12 EA sports titles and almost every NFS game out LOL...

They must not be that bad... You show it by purchasing a lot of their software...

After looking at what you play/own... I actually think that EA Access would be a great Subscription for you to have...

i havent updated that list in quite some time i was bored one day but yeah i have a fair share of ea games. doesnt mean that i like them. i just enjoy certain genres, for instance with NHL and need for speed i find myself buying those. i mean theres no more competition for those kind of games anymore but i still like my hockey and arcade racing.

i dont really like the company. i dont have to. i still play the games

and no ea access wont help me for what i need. the only EA games i still buy is nhl and fifa, and unless i can save 10% off the newest release during launch, then its really of no use to me, as i always upgrade to the newest version every year and never really go back to the older one.
#79sadiq2010Posted 7/30/2014 11:51:26 PM
TOhasNoRing

stop mentioning jesus to the subject.
#80ScRuiPosted 7/31/2014 5:52:12 AM
blacklabelice posted...
ScRui posted...
blacklabelice posted...
dueric posted...
Only in a fanboy war can EA be used as something positive.

Hey blacklabelice

if you agree with that comment, then why do have atleast owned 12 EA sports titles and almost every NFS game out LOL...

They must not be that bad... You show it by purchasing a lot of their software...

After looking at what you play/own... I actually think that EA Access would be a great Subscription for you to have...

i havent updated that list in quite some time i was bored one day but yeah i have a fair share of ea games. doesnt mean that i like them. i just enjoy certain genres, for instance with NHL and need for speed i find myself buying those. i mean theres no more competition for those kind of games anymore but i still like my hockey and arcade racing.

i dont really like the company. i dont have to. i still play the games

and no ea access wont help me for what i need. the only EA games i still buy is nhl and fifa, and unless i can save 10% off the newest release during launch, then its really of no use to me, as i always upgrade to the newest version every year and never really go back to the older one.

That 10% is for NEW games... And you also would be able to download and play them 5 days before release dates, for FREE and then buy the game (carrying over your saves/progress) with that 10% discount...

I think you should look a little more into it... Just because you play NHL, FIFA yearly...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>