Man Microsoft and EA are REALLY good at getting my money!

#1Uproar2099Posted 7/29/2014 8:54:17 PM
I've been having plenty of fun using my Xbox without spending any money on games recently... then this EA announcement happened. I still tried to resist spending the $30 subscription fee for free EA games. I tried telling myself that these are older games and I already own Peggle 2. But then I decided to check out the Preview App to get some details.

That was when I came across the "Quests" that involved signing up for EA Access. Being the completionist that I am, I just HAD to start the quests and the only way to finish it was of course, to sign up for EA Access.

So then I thought, "Maybe I'll just buy 1 month and see how it is."

But some quick math put an end to that. If I like this thing, I'll end up spending $60 for the year when I could just pay $30. So of course I pay the $30 because essentially it's $10/game just this month and will keep paying for itself the more games they release.

And if that wasn't enough, I caved in and bought the Xbox One Exclusive P90X workouts for Xbox Fitness because I'm sure they're awesome and well worth the $60 price tag. Damn you M$ and your awesome deals!
---
GT: Uproar2099
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#2Sith JediPosted 7/29/2014 8:58:23 PM
What does the $30 get you? Is that a full year subscription?
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/29/2014 8:58:28 PM
you're like an advertising companies wet dream
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#4Robin_MaskPosted 7/29/2014 8:59:13 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

Nah, that xenosaga guy is on every board for every game now.
---
Solo and co-op player only.
#5lunaticcorePosted 7/29/2014 8:59:28 PM
Sith Jedi posted...

Yea $30 is a year.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#6Sith JediPosted 7/29/2014 9:00:04 PM

That would be Solnot.
---
#7Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:00:14 PM
Sith Jedi posted...

Yes 1 year subscription, so it's just over $2/month. I don't know how long they're going to keep the games in the Vault, but at that price, who cares?
---
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#8bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 7/29/2014 9:03:16 PM
I'm not in to sports games and I own BF4. EA Access doesn't seem worth it to me at the moment.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#9Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:03:18 PM

LOL

Yeah this doesn't usually happen to me. I'm not someone that just buys every deal that's out there. I didn't buy anything last month when they had the big game sale for the 360 and there were some nice deals there too. But for some reason, this one jumped out at me as a REALLY good deal.
---
#10Sith JediPosted 7/29/2014 9:10:18 PM
Uproar2099 posted...
Sith Jedi posted...

Yes 1 year subscription, so it's just over $2/month. I don't know how long they're going to keep the games in the Vault, but at that price, who cares?

Pretty good deal in that case, only available to update preview members right? And one of the articles I read on Appy Gamer said they don't intend to remove games from the vault once they're there. Of course the way they worded it means that could easily change.
---