Has the system been updated enough to fix launch issues?

#1ima420rPosted 7/29/2014 9:37:11 PM
I got an Xbone at launch and sold it a few weeks later; I had some issues with it. I was wondering if it was performing better now or if I should put off buying one for a while yet, like maybe when they upgrade the hardware. I am trying to remember the issues I had and would like to know the answers to the following questions:

If you play Dead Rising 3 (or another game I suppose) and turn Netflix on via snap, does it work well or does it still lag?

I assume you still can't just pop the batteries out of the controller to shut it off, but is there a quick shut off for them?

If I am playing a game and someone comes and sits down next to me, does it still sign in as them and make them the main player?

Have they updated the dashboard and made it a little more user friendly?

Can I set the system to start games with certain settings, like difficulty and inverted look like I can on the 360?

M$ seems to have improved the Xbone but I just don't know if it's right for me yet. Thanks in advance for any info.
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#2TonyRodrigues76Posted 7/29/2014 10:04:43 PM
The only one I can honestly answer is the Netflix one and I have no problems with it at all no lag and no having to kill it to stop it.

The dashboard I find pretty good coming from ps4 took me a bit to get used to hut it's pretty friendly.

3d blu ray support is coming this month if that matters to you as well as you can snap your achievements is already here while you play.

Other then that they seem to keep doing a pretty good job with the updates and some kind of Facebook style feed is coming in August as well so you can see what your friends are doing and you can like and stuff what's happening.
#3a687947Posted 7/29/2014 10:05:27 PM
ima420r posted...

M$ seems to have improved the Xbone but I just don't know if it's right for me yet. Thanks in advance for any info.

and there goes any chance of getting a serious answer from me
#4ima420r(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 10:35:04 PM
a687947 posted...
ima420r posted...

Why? Because I am not sure if it's right for me just yet? Why even take the time to reply if you aren't going to help in any way? I know this is the intrawebs but we are all still people and should have at least a little respect for each other.
---
#5Millertime660Posted 7/29/2014 10:42:00 PM
There has always been a way to shut the controller off.
#6ima420r(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 10:51:03 PM(edited)
Millertime660 posted...
There has always been a way to shut the controller off.

Yeah, but I wondered if they made it easier to do, like hit a button or something. Thought you had to hold the xbox button, then go to turn off controller, and hope you don't accidently turn off the console. I like just popping the battery out and then back in on the 360 controllers.

This is probably the lowest on my list of Xbone faults. It wouldn't make me not buy one, I just wondered if anything had changed.
---
#7killerbasaPosted 7/29/2014 11:26:10 PM
ima420r posted...
Yeah, but I wondered if they made it easier to do, like hit a button or something. Thought you had to hold the xbox button, then go to turn off controller, and hope you don't accidently turn off the console. I like just popping the battery out and then back in on the 360 controllers.

This is probably the lowest on my list of Xbone faults. It wouldn't make me not buy one, I just wondered if anything had changed.

LOL can you read bro?
#8a687947Posted 7/30/2014 1:21:20 AM
ima420r posted...
a687947 posted...
ima420r posted...

Why? Because I am not sure if it's right for me just yet? Why even take the time to reply if you aren't going to help in any way? I know this is the intrawebs but we are all still people and should have at least a little respect for each other.

Why should I respect someone who spells MS with a $ and calls the Xbox one the "xbone"?
#9cabcalloway1983Posted 7/30/2014 1:25:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10CapwnDPosted 7/30/2014 1:26:46 AM
Naw man, naw, it's all 420 dude, the Xbox is like 420bzzzzzzzzz yo GOML scrub
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!