The logic behind EA program?

#1ghoasePosted 7/29/2014 10:50:53 PM
now i usually don't post on this board i just come to read for entertainment but I really dislike EA and some of their past practices and the people excited about this new program without even thinking is scary.

So the program is $30 a year which is about $2 to play old EA games and to demo new ones 5 days early which you still have to purchase with a 10% discount(calling it a demo because you dont own it until you purchase it)

now lets say you play alot of sports games for example you usually by fifa, madden, and nba 2k every year and you might happen to get dragon age or another title once in that year. lets say you got all of those at a 10% discount so 10% of a $60 game is $6. you saved (6 x 4) $24 on those 5 games right? you need to buy another EA game just to get your worth from the yearly subscription..

now your into the next year and you already bought madden, fifa, nba 2k, and dragon age the year before on this program. you need to find an entirely different 6 EA games(which are usually not good investments anyway) to make up your yearly subscription.

Lets say half the xbox one user base enrolls thats a little over 2 million users who will have to buy 6 games a year from EA. If 1 million of the 2 million buys 3 games thats $2 a month multiplied buy a million pure profit. 2 million pure profit for EA and no benefit for the people who enrolled because they blindly pay subscription fees.

Ive seen people excited like the $30 a year is nothing to worry about but the majority will essentially be giving money to EA for absolutely no reason. If your fine with things like that i can give you my paypal and ill take a couple hundred people giving me $1 a month for no reason since giving away money seems like good buisness to some people..
#2Millertime660Posted 7/29/2014 10:57:53 PM
ghoase posted...
now i usually don't post on this board i just come to read for entertainment but I really dislike EA and some of their past practices and the people excited about this new program without even thinking is scary.

So the program is $30 a year which is about $2 to play old EA games and to demo new ones 5 days early which you still have to purchase with a 10% discount(calling it a demo because you dont own it until you purchase it)

now lets say you play alot of sports games for example you usually by fifa, madden, and nba 2k every year and you might happen to get dragon age or another title once in that year. lets say you got all of those at a 10% discount so 10% of a $60 game is $6. you saved (6 x 4) $24 on those 5 games right? you need to buy another EA game just to get your worth from the yearly subscription..

now your into the next year and you already bought madden, fifa, nba 2k, and dragon age the year before on this program. you need to find an entirely different 6 EA games(which are usually not good investments anyway) to make up your yearly subscription.

Lets say half the xbox one user base enrolls thats a little over 2 million users who will have to buy 6 games a year from EA. If 1 million of the 2 million buys 3 games thats $2 a month multiplied buy a million pure profit. 2 million pure profit for EA and no benefit for the people who enrolled because they blindly pay subscription fees.

Ive seen people excited like the $30 a year is nothing to worry about but the majority will essentially be giving money to EA for absolutely no reason. If your fine with things like that i can give you my paypal and ill take a couple hundred people giving me $1 a month for no reason since giving away money seems like good buisness to some people..

It seems that you totally skipped over the benefits of the vault. I just payed $30 and downloaded fifa, madden, bf4 and peggle 2. How was that not worth my money?
#3ghoase(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 11:00:40 PM
** $2/mo.... and $24 for 4 EA games..

and left out the fact that maddens, fifa, nba, 2k, and arguably battlefield shouldnt be priced at $60 anyway ,because they release every year and usually take a price drop about 6-7months after they release like clockwork..
#4ghoase(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 11:04:25 PM
Millertime660 posted...
ghoase posted...

It seems that you totally skipped over the benefits of the vault. I just payed $30 and downloaded fifa, madden, bf4 and peggle 2. How was that not worth my money?

well assuming you didnt have an old madden, fifa, bf4, and peggle2 then it was worth your money, but a couple months from now when 3 of those games release again you will need to find 6-5 different EA games to break even and more to profit as a consumer from the program. And at the same time you are either guarantee EA pure profit from your subscription or that you will buy "AT LEAST" 5 games from them next year. Either way EA wins
#5MUG_MURDERPosted 7/29/2014 11:08:11 PM
ghoase posted...
Millertime660 posted...
ghoase posted...

well assuming you didnt have an old madden, fifa, bf4, and peggle2 then it was worth your money, but a couple months from now when 3 of those games release again you will need to find 6-5 different EA games to break even and more to profit as a consumer from the program. And at the same time you are either guarantee EA pure profit from your subscription or that you will buy "AT LEAST" 5 games from them next year. Either way EA wins

No he already got his 30 worth of content and ea will keep adding more games as time goes by so it is a good deal at 30 a year.
---
Gt: MUG MURDER
#6Millertime660Posted 7/29/2014 11:13:23 PM
ghoase posted...
Millertime660 posted...
ghoase posted...

I don't think you are quite understanding the program.... I have already gotten my moneys worth. 2 minutes after I signed up.
#7ghoase(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 11:23:30 PM
EA will keep adding games "probably" but lets(for example) they add dragon age 2 and mass effect 3. if 2 million people are subscribed and dont play all of the EA sports games and they download those 2 and purchase 2 sports games in that year. thats 4 games a person for a year right from EA. 2 of the games were old and probably already played if they dont purchase 1 more every 5 people will essentially be paying for a game without receiving one.

math scenario: 5(people) $30/year purchased 2 games, downloaded 2 they havent played ($24 dollar subscription value)

difference is left at $6 a person left over on their subscription pure profit for EA

$6 times $5 is $30 pure profit per 5 people. every 10 people will be given $60 pure profit(price of a retail game) without receiving anything in return.

now if they played mass effect 3 or dragon age 2 your essentially paying EA a subsription for games they already bought.. you cant expect that majority of the games that EA lets you download people who are paying the subsription havent bought or played..

so every 10 people $60 and there are 2 million subscribers thats 2million/10 = 200,000

200,000 x $60 = $12,000,000 pure profit for EA if on average a person gets 4 games a year from EA...
#8killerbasaPosted 7/29/2014 11:25:38 PM
EA doesn't make NBA 2k........

I like it because I can get FIFA for free and future versions discounted or free. If I want DLC I can get it discounted. Early access to try out a game and then my save carries over if I buy it from them or elsewhere.

This is the tip of the iceberg. I can't wait to see what they will shell out later on.
#9ghoase(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 11:27:32 PM
yes i said you got your moneys worth if you havent played it. i said in my original post and after your reply... please try and read what im saying.. but next year you would have to buy 5-6 games from EA that you havent played just to break even as a consumer while EA profits regardless..

read my first, second, or third post...
#10HaloDad020508Posted 7/29/2014 11:27:50 PM
EA is a business TC they are supposed to make money. What's so hard for you to understand about that? Both EA and those buying into this program benefit. I signed up for it downloaded some games. I got my money's worth.
---
Playing Witcher 2, Hitman Blood Money, Thief
Anticipating Destiny, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection