The logic behind EA program?

#101SoulTrapperPosted 7/30/2014 2:41:08 AM(edited)
phoenix9291 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

The limited trial is the "play first" thing, but the EA content part is still new games.

It doesn't say EA Content is the limited trial, it says "a limited trial of EA Content".

And (for the fifth time or something) point out anywhere that EA said you would get to keep access to anything but the DLC.

As an additional perk, EA Access members get an exclusive 10% discount on EA digital purchases on Xbox One. Use your 10% discount on Madden NFL 15, Madden Ultimate Team, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 4 Premium, FIFA 15, FIFA Ultimate Team, EA SPORTS UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Peggle 2 and NBA LIVE 14, with more titles coming soon.

•Digital content (such as DLC and maps) will be sold separately, but at a 10% discount. An EA represnentative clarified, "Once you purchase any DLC, it is yours to own, even if your membership lapses. All of your progression is retained."

Both are digital content. One of those is from the access site and the other is from your link.

REGARDLESS "EA Content" is not explicitly defined in the ToU and EA would be sued for not being explicitly clear in such a case and they would pay out.

No, again ToUs can be changed at anytime.

Point me towards a single company that was successfully sued because of an unclear ToU, let alone a gaming company.

The fact that you assume you're better at writing a ToU than the hundreds of lawyers EA has at their disposal already makes it pretty clear you have no clue what you're talking about.

Again, point me towards anywhere that has EA saying you won't lose access to your games.

And I don't see Pradeep, with all due respect to the guy, as a trustworthy source of information on this subject, when the ToU says the exact opposite.
#102NeoMonkPosted 7/30/2014 2:40:48 AM
Well then "Pradeep" has spoken!
Let's lock this silly lil thread up & go on about our day shall we :D
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#103lunaticcorePosted 7/30/2014 2:42:46 AM
Buying games and DLC off the marketplace are a separate purchase than EA Access.

EA Access doesn't effect them. There is a reason it has the line with specific detail commenting on your loss of vault games.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#104lunaticcorePosted 7/30/2014 2:43:19 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Well then "Pradeep" has spoken!
Let's lock this silly lil thread up & go on about our day shall we :D

Technically this conversation is a super derail of the original topic anyways.
---
#105SoulTrapperPosted 7/30/2014 2:43:56 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Buying games and DLC off the marketplace are a separate purchase than EA Access.

EA Access doesn't effect them. There is a reason it has the line with specific detail commenting on your loss of vault games.

Then why did EA specifically mention you get to keep the DLC, but they didn't say a thing about the games?
Instead, they specifically mentioned how there will be restrictions.
#106SoulTrapperPosted 7/30/2014 2:45:58 AM
This article says it as well:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/29/5948829/ea-access-owning-games

But let's be clear, this is a shift of power from the buyer to EA. You'll lose access to content if your subscription lapses, just like the free-game initiatives from Sony and Microsoft that are designed to keep you paying month after month, year after year.
#107phoenix9291Posted 7/30/2014 2:47:28 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

The limited trial is the "play first" thing, but the EA content part is still new games.

It doesn't say EA Content is the limited trial, it says "a limited trial of EA Content".

And (for the fifth time or something) point out anywhere that EA said you would get to keep access to anything but the DLC.

As an additional perk, EA Access members get an exclusive 10% discount on EA digital purchases on Xbox One. Use your 10% discount on Madden NFL 15, Madden Ultimate Team, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 4 Premium, FIFA 15, FIFA Ultimate Team, EA SPORTS UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Peggle 2 and NBA LIVE 14, with more titles coming soon.

•Digital content (such as DLC and maps) will be sold separately, but at a 10% discount. An EA represnentative clarified, "Once you purchase any DLC, it is yours to own, even if your membership lapses. All of your progression is retained."

Both are digital content. One of those is from the access site and the other is from your link.

REGARDLESS "EA Content" is not explicitly defined in the ToU and EA would be sued for not being explicitly clear in such a case and they would pay out.

No, again ToUs can be changed at anytime.

Point me towards a single company that was successfully sued because of an unclear ToU, let alone a gaming company.

The fact that you assume you're better at writing a ToU than the hundreds of lawyers EA has at their disposal already makes it pretty clear you have no clue what you're talking about.

Again, point me towards anywhere that has EA saying you won't lose access to your games.

And I don't see Pradeep, with all due respect to the guy, as a trustworthy source of information on this subject.

Yes it can be changed however if at the time a suit is filed they couldn't just change it and say oh no this is what we meant. I alsonever stated that I could write one better. I simply said that it is currently not explicitly stated what "EA Content" refers to. It isn't like humans can't make mistakes, that ToU aren't rewritten to clarify things, or that contracts aren't revised to clarify things.
Slowdog also contact EA and that was what they told him.
You are throwing insults around and ignoring what EA itself has now said.

Point you to where EA has said you won't lose access? Slowdog already posted it.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#108lunaticcorePosted 7/30/2014 2:47:45 AM
The full games aren't subscription content, they are separate purchases.
---
#109Millertime660Posted 7/30/2014 2:48:27 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Then why did EA specifically mention you get to keep the DLC, but they didn't say a thing about the games?
Instead, they specifically mentioned how there will be restrictions.

They mention you get to keep DLC in the case that you purchase DLC for a vault game I'm assuming.
#110slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 2:50:08 AM
wait. a representative for the company in question is not a trustworthy source of information about the company in question?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius