Which one of these free titles should I get?

#1karvinyereizowtPosted 7/30/2014 1:02:24 AM
I have Destiny paid off so I'm using GS as my personal rental store at the moment. I love doing this every once in a while.

So it's a toss up between Transformers and Sniper Elite III. I've been a huge TF fan since the 80's and have played all the games, regardless that they have been hit and miss. I hear this last one is the latter, but hey, it's still transformers.

I have never played any of the Sniper games before but stealth is my favorite genre and I hear it's pretty stealth heavy. Anyone that's played both wanna steer me in the right direction?
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#2Reece504Posted 7/30/2014 4:09:45 AM
Id say sniper elite 3
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#3slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 4:10:22 AM
i concur
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#4SigmaLongshotPosted 7/30/2014 4:12:15 AM
Transformers is easily the worst game I've played on the system. It's not nearly as good as even the Cybertron titles.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#5slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 4:15:19 AM
hi sigma.

also, transformers being so bad makes me so very very sad :( i swear, simon furman and co are the only people that gives a crap and understands about TF (can anyone guess i've just finished reading regeneration one lol)
---
Confucius
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 7/30/2014 4:20:27 AM
Hey Slowdog.

I agree, though this game has some better Decepticon designs, overall it's a huge clunky step backwards. Having to hold a trigger to stay transformed as a vehicle, massive endless boring corridor fights... Not being able to transform in certain areas?!
---
#7slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 4:36:36 AM
the designs (especially in bayformers) really frustrate me. half of the appeal of robots that turn into things and back again is that when in robot form you can see the vehicle (or whatever) it turns into; you can still see the porsche in jazz, the Lamborghini in sideswipe, the t-rex in grimlock. that is what visually added character to the robots, and the personalities were led by that.

i could go on......

i'm a big G1 one fan if you didnt notice :D
---
Confucius
#8SigmaLongshotPosted 7/30/2014 5:11:56 AM
slowdog76 posted...
the designs (especially in bayformers) really frustrate me. half of the appeal of robots that turn into things and back again is that when in robot form you can see the vehicle (or whatever) it turns into; you can still see the porsche in jazz, the Lamborghini in sideswipe, the t-rex in grimlock. that is what visually added character to the robots, and the personalities were led by that.

i could go on......

i'm a big G1 one fan if you didnt notice :D

Good on you! Transformers Prime is also great design - chunky, legible, colourful and charismatic.

Bayformers transforming just look like someone's just shaking a tupperware box filled with meccano in your face.
---
#9slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 5:15:39 AM
yes, i liked prime. stopped watching it though for some reason.....

i like the bayformers. theyre popcorn films, and once i dissociated them from anything remotely canon i could live with them. but, the second film, during the big fight at the end, it got impossible to distinguish one from the other, especially when all 3 arcees were flying about.

and dont even get me started on how "throwaway" they made megatron in the 3rd film. grrrr
---
Confucius
#10kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 5:33:21 AM
SE3 isn't great but it's good. I played all of high moons transformer games and this one doesn't look worth it to me, look at the scores, watch it on twitch. I will grab transformers when it's $20 or less or rent it.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.