Sony is saying that the EA Access subscription for the X1 is not a good value

#261lostkiwiPosted 7/30/2014 6:02:35 PM
Juzten76 posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Honestly I can't see the value. You're paying $5 a month to play games that if you had any interest in then you would already have.

That's just a personal opinion of course, and it could all change when the Vault have a more extensive list.

Regardless, it's certainly not the second coming that some of the fans are making it out to be. The only tangible thing that can't be measured in cost that you get from this that the PS4 doesn't (unless I've overlooked something) is a 5 day head start on certain EA games. It's not like this service is offering any exclusive games or content, at least from what I've read.

Personally I think it will all fizzle out, although that is nothing more than speculation and I could be completely wrong.

In saying that, it's nice to be given the choice. I also find it quite a surprise that Sony would publicly come with such a negative response - EA a one of the publishing juggernauts and for Sony to criticize their service will only be doing their relationship harm.

I haven't seen one person make this out to be "the second coming".

I'm not sure if you were on these boards yesterday. I just tried to dig up a few topics to demonstrate but it seems they've been deleted (probably moderated).

In fairness they were just trying to bait the PS4 crowd.
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#262jimmycryptoPosted 7/30/2014 6:17:40 PM
lostkiwi posted...
Juzten76 posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Honestly I can't see the value. You're paying $5 a month to play games that if you had any interest in then you would already have.

That's just a personal opinion of course, and it could all change when the Vault have a more extensive list.

Regardless, it's certainly not the second coming that some of the fans are making it out to be. The only tangible thing that can't be measured in cost that you get from this that the PS4 doesn't (unless I've overlooked something) is a 5 day head start on certain EA games. It's not like this service is offering any exclusive games or content, at least from what I've read.

Personally I think it will all fizzle out, although that is nothing more than speculation and I could be completely wrong.

In saying that, it's nice to be given the choice. I also find it quite a surprise that Sony would publicly come with such a negative response - EA a one of the publishing juggernauts and for Sony to criticize their service will only be doing their relationship harm.

I'm not sure if you were on these boards yesterday. I just tried to dig up a few topics to demonstrate but it seems they've been deleted (probably moderated).

lolz bait the Ps4 crowd on the X1 board cuz that makes total sense for the Ps4 crowd to be HERE on this horrible worthless trashy inferior board.
---
Expect the Unexpected
FC 4055-3599-6031 James-Gamer Tag Mister Jollyman
#263InfinityOver0Posted 7/30/2014 6:28:29 PM
without reading the 260 previous posts, sony said that because ea's program directly competes with it's own program. not very difficult to see
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#264lostkiwiPosted 7/30/2014 6:33:39 PM
jimmycrypto posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Juzten76 posted...
lostkiwi posted...

lolz bait the Ps4 crowd on the X1 board cuz that makes total sense for the Ps4 crowd to be HERE on this horrible worthless trashy inferior board.

You're completely naive if you don't think there are PS4 fans on this board, or vice versa. It reminds me of my two kids - Every time one of them gets something special the first thing they do is go and wave it in the face of the other.
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#265sammogardPosted 7/30/2014 6:37:18 PM
getting access to fifa 15 a week before release for 4.99 suits me.
#266Shing_gorPosted 7/30/2014 6:46:12 PM
At face value, this service could entice the right customer. Personally, I have no use of it because I own no ea games on the xb1. ( only ea game I own in recent memory was titanfall on PC).

The impact of this service won't be immediate unless it offers free dlc exclusive to subscribers ( like XP boosts for bf, or exclusive gear for dragon age). I mean bf4 is a mess, the sports games are obsolete ( unless they gave you the the updates version 6 months after retail release). I also doubt their bigger titles like DA:I will be avalible until late 2015 at best.

After a few year, when they have a good backlog of games in their vault I can see more people interested.

Personally, I will only be interested if the service applies beyond the xb1, namely the PC. Hell, ea's best work was before they intervened on developer (simcity 2000, baldurs gate, never winter nights etc.)
#2670PTICSPosted 7/30/2014 9:05:34 PM
$5 for a month to play a collection of year old X1 games (that will grow over time), 10% off all digital purchases, and early access to games....

.... or $5 to rent a PS3/PS4 game for 4 hours.

Decisions, decisions.... -_-
#268slowdog76Posted 7/30/2014 11:56:32 PM
just did a little check. on the 360, EA published just under 70 sports titles, and just over 80 non sports titles.

got to admit, I was a little surprised about that, given how much focus the sports get. looking at it though, you realise there is just a small number of sports games. its just they get yearly sequels, for the most part. aside from a couple titles, the non sports games dont fall into that category.and there is a very large variety there.

so, with that in mind, if you assume EA will take out older sports games on an annual basis from the vault and update it with the previous years, the number of sports titles in there could well be in the minority in comparison to non-sports games.

and, whilst I'm here, I will happily answer the "who wants to play old games" arguments. me and a good number of people of people i know too.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#269JanayBerryPosted 7/31/2014 12:48:41 AM
Sony is saying it's not a good value for PS Plus subscribers due to PS Now.

Let's say you got PS PLUS for a year at $10. Then, PS Now for an additional $10 for a year, then EA Access for $10 for a year.

If, say, Madden and Dragon Age both appeared on PS Now, you're paying double for the same thing.
---
X360 / PSN: KKA OMEGA Jim / Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#270Rancid_SkankPosted 7/31/2014 1:27:31 AM
jimmycrypto posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Juzten76 posted...
lostkiwi posted...

...said the guy hanging around on this board.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK