Do we know yet if The Evil Within will run at 60fps on Xbox One?

#11quincy2000aPosted 7/30/2014 7:33:32 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
BeefEaster posted...
Reece504 posted...
Probably not I mean 60fps is usually a must for first person games not third lol

Look at last of us it's 30fps the remastered is 60 FPS and a lot of people still prefer to switch back to 30fps

you're just flat out wrong

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/783739-the-last-of-us-remastered/69744640?results=1#1

I play it on 30fps because then it actually looks BETTER than 60fps....
Sorry dude.

I haven't picked it up yet myself, but in that poll,13 people play at 30fps, 196 at 60fps.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#12SigmaLongshotPosted 7/30/2014 7:42:15 AM
quincy2000a posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
BeefEaster posted...
Reece504 posted...
Probably not I mean 60fps is usually a must for first person games not third lol

Look at last of us it's 30fps the remastered is 60 FPS and a lot of people still prefer to switch back to 30fps

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/783739-the-last-of-us-remastered/69744640?results=1#1

Sorry dude.

I haven't picked it up yet myself, but in that poll,13 people play at 30fps, 196 at 60fps.

That's certainly true, but in both EDGE and Gamespot's reviews both writer/reviewers mentioned that at least a few of the crew in both circumstances preferred the more "cinematic" 30 frame per second setup.

There's a lot to be said for circumstance - certainly, in a pin-sharp reflex-based game such as a competitive shooter or one-on-one fighting game, sixty frames per second is optimal, but in a cinematic game where atmospheric detail can mean a lot, a lower frame rate can add a great deal.

For example, in a dramatic setting, does a camera that swings around like a buttered rollerskate add anything? No - in fact, it actually detracts from the atmospheric setting. Like a scene in a movie where smoke hangs in the air of a darkened room, at a higher frame rate, it's smoke. At a slightly lower frame rate, it lingers almost magically, placing more emphasis on it's inclusion in the scene.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#13X_Masquerade_XPosted 7/30/2014 8:18:06 AM
I hope not
I prefer 30fps for horror games, looks less artificial and more filmic.
---
Nero fiddles as Rome burns
http://www.backloggery.com/xmx -/- Proud friend of Israel
#14Reece504Posted 7/30/2014 8:53:34 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
quincy2000a posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
BeefEaster posted...
Reece504 posted...

Sorry dude.

That's certainly true, but in both EDGE and Gamespot's reviews both writer/reviewers mentioned that at least a few of the crew in both circumstances preferred the more "cinematic" 30 frame per second setup.

There's a lot to be said for circumstance - certainly, in a pin-sharp reflex-based game such as a competitive shooter or one-on-one fighting game, sixty frames per second is optimal, but in a cinematic game where atmospheric detail can mean a lot, a lower frame rate can add a great deal.

For example, in a dramatic setting, does a camera that swings around like a buttered rollerskate add anything? No - in fact, it actually detracts from the atmospheric setting. Like a scene in a movie where smoke hangs in the air of a darkened room, at a higher frame rate, it's smoke. At a slightly lower frame rate, it lingers almost magically, placing more emphasis on it's inclusion in the scene.

^ thank you this guy understands
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#15quincy2000aPosted 7/30/2014 12:29:28 PM
SigmaLongshot posted

...reminds me of my film class where the professor blew his top when colorizing of classic films was discussed...

The question is, is the director/programmer's vision being upheld by switching to down to 30fps.

I have to believe that any "hanging smoke" or other "atmospheric settings" the director/programmer wanted his viewer to experience would have been accomplished by his manipulation of the resources in his hands as the creator, not any alterations we might make as mere viewers.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."