There was a problem with the update

#1Giga1Posted 7/30/2014 2:57:21 PM
Anyone else having this problem? I can't get online because my system will not install the update. Internet connection test works.
#2mcsmellingtonPosted 8/1/2014 11:16:17 AM
Yeh I am. I can get online for a while then all of a sudden an update will pop up. I'll try installing but it won't let me so the only option is to go offline.

It's pretty annoying.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#3wheelchairboyPosted 8/1/2014 3:51:30 PM
One of my Xbox One's is having the same problem. It won't let me sign in.
---
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)
#4LittleKohakuPosted 8/1/2014 3:52:31 PM
Haven't ran into this yet and hope that I don't
#5wheelchairboyPosted 8/1/2014 3:53:41 PM
Both of my Xbox consoles are in the preview program. I am having the problem on one xbox but not the other.
---
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)
#6PreacherXWDSXPosted 8/1/2014 3:57:10 PM
Xbox Live is still under a service alert.

Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

◾Xbox One

xbox one outage;Social and Gaming,

◾Xbox 360

xbox 360 outage;Social and Gaming,

Affected services:

◾Accessing all game features

◾Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

◾Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

◾Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members

7/31/2014 12:44:07 PM CST:

Its come to our attention that some of you are having a tough time posting statistics to leaderboards and unlocking achievements on Xbox One. We also know that some of you are seeing a black screen when attempting to launch games or applications on Xbox 360. Hang in there, Xbox members, were on it! Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve these issues.

That was sent out a few hours ago and it still sucks.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#7LittleKohakuPosted 8/1/2014 3:57:12 PM
Well if it is a problem with people on the Preview I salute you for suffering inconveniences on my behalf so I can have a better product.
#8PominAusPosted 8/1/2014 4:00:00 PM
I've been having this issue for a day or so. I had thought it was just me as I opted out of the preview program because a friend recently got XBO. I thought the issue was that my console wouldn't take an update until the one currently being tested rolls out to the public.

It seems that isn't the problem now.