Is Xbox One's lackluster sales affecting the quality of Xbox Live?

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 7/30/2014 3:29:27 PM
Last gen I had hardly any issues with Xbox Live, but at the same time, Xbox 360's were flying off the shelves (in the US at least). Now with the Xbox One though, Xbox Live seems significantly lower in quality. It has been down several times this week and even crashed during the Destiny beta.

I have to wonder though if MS is putting in less money to the service because of the lack of new memberships to Xbox Live with the Xbox One. It was already reported by Sony that PlayStation Plus memberships have rose more than 200% since the PS4 has been on the market, imagine how many of those were potential Xbox Live subscribers and PS+ stole them away.

Also to consider is now that MS is giving away some indie games with XBL, so maybe they are cutting the quality to make up for the money they are losing with that as well? It just seems too odd how much the quality of Xbox Live has dropped on Xbox One
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2bossk5Posted 7/30/2014 3:30:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Bossk!
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#3TOhasNoRingPosted 7/30/2014 3:30:44 PM
Your sig... Lol...
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#4warz0r09Posted 7/30/2014 3:34:05 PM
this probably the dumbest topic I think I seen created this week...

360 was down also last time, this time it isn't but I think its because like someone said a update came out to some people in the preview program and it factory reset their console... So might be reason why its down right now as they want to fix it and don't want people getting the update.
#5TheeLeehamPosted 7/30/2014 3:35:35 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Your sig... Lol...

Go to the PS4 forum. This guy has a topic there where he states that TLoU multiplayer is the best of this gen.
#6aheroafakePosted 7/30/2014 3:36:52 PM
warz0r09 posted...

360 was down also last time, this time it isn't but I think its because like someone said a update came out to some people in the preview program and it factory reset their console... So might be reason why its down right now as they want to fix it and don't want people getting the update.

While Live on Xbox 360 did have its share fair of downtime, I think Xbox One has had accumulated more downtime within the same timeframe of Xbox 360.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#7PhaseBlackPosted 7/30/2014 3:54:15 PM
aheroafake posted...
warz0r09 posted...

While Live on Xbox 360 did have its share fair of downtime, I think Xbox One has had accumulated more downtime within the same timeframe of Xbox 360.

This
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/30/2014 4:02:36 PM
Nope.

XLive has been super reliable, especially today.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#9a687947Posted 7/30/2014 4:29:22 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Last gen I had hardly any issues with Xbox Live, but at the same time, Xbox 360's were flying off the shelves (in the US at least). Now with the Xbox One though, Xbox Live seems significantly lower in quality. It has been down several times this week and even crashed during the Destiny beta.

I have to wonder though if MS is putting in less money to the service because of the lack of new memberships to Xbox Live with the Xbox One. It was already reported by Sony that PlayStation Plus memberships have rose more than 200% since the PS4 has been on the market, imagine how many of those were potential Xbox Live subscribers and PS+ stole them away.

Also to consider is now that MS is giving away some indie games with XBL, so maybe they are cutting the quality to make up for the money they are losing with that as well? It just seems too odd how much the quality of Xbox Live has dropped on Xbox One

the 200% increase is only because of the multiplayer requirement. Sony is also giving away indie games with plus so how is it any worse for MS right now?
#10chex81Posted 7/30/2014 4:34:53 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Your sig... Lol...

This, its really hilarious how far fanboys will go. You eventually start to feel bad for them, mainly because they equate their existence to be dedicated to a single purpose...and its not for bettering themselves or human kind...but to kneel and defend plastic machines. Sad.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i