I don't even know what direction gaming is going

#1wavvvvesPosted 7/30/2014 3:42:33 PM
I am LOST. So many rumors, so much bad news, everything seems like it's just a beta version of something what with all the talk about new consoles already. And then tablet implementation, which if mobile/tablet gaming gets fused with consoles, will be the day I quit gaming. I almost feel,, confused.
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 7/30/2014 3:43:06 PM
It's okay. I'll be there for you.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3_Doomguy_Posted 7/30/2014 3:43:32 PM
Gaming died around 10 years ago
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#4TheeLeehamPosted 7/30/2014 3:44:10 PM
You're not supposed to know. I don't know what direction any industry is going in.

Did you expect singers to start dressing like gay robots? No, but Will-I-Am came along and there you go.
#5wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 3:48:55 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...

THIS!!!^
But for me it died after that cod4, gears of war, halo 3 era which imo was gold. I truly do miss those days.
At least i'm not alone. Everyone at my school seems to think this is by far the best time for gaming. But then again, these same people consider iphone games equivalent to pc/console video games.
#6youngunner2123Posted 7/30/2014 3:50:33 PM
Gaming died for me after the Dreamcast faded away :(
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#7wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 3:52:07 PM
I want to elaborate, my favorite video game(s) ever were ocarina of time/majora's mask. My favorite eras of gaming were that majora's mask era, resident evil 4 era and the gears of war/halo 3 era. There seemed to be hardly anything bad to come out, god I miss it. Zelda has not done it for me after minish cap and wind waker which those 2 games were flawless. I still to this day play minish cap over and over.(actually, I do this with all the old games I loved)

/rant. #NostalgiaGogglesOn100
#8OkayPlayer1Posted 7/30/2014 3:56:35 PM
wavvvves posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

THIS!!!^
But for me it died after that cod4, gears of war, halo 3 era which imo was gold. I truly do miss those days.
At least i'm not alone. Everyone at my school seems to think this is by far the best time for gaming. But then again, these same people consider iphone games equivalent to pc/console video games.

I wish these damn kids would get off my lawn!! Where's my abacus?

I was playing a videogame today...zombie gaming?!? OMG!!

My first console was the Atari 8600, I've owned every console past the Super NES/Genesis era, and I think the complaints listed here are laughable. There's a lot of guides on the internet to navigate these damn confusing "betas" and "tablet implementation" but since I know 8 year olds that have no problem I don't know if reading a guide would help.
#9BehaviorismPosted 7/30/2014 3:57:17 PM
PS2/Xbox/GameCube was the best era
---
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxzpcrBFP1qdtiodo1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/fCKQd.gif
#10OkayPlayer1Posted 7/30/2014 3:58:17 PM(edited)
After reading you're "to elaborate" post, if you don't think there were many bad games that came out those nostalgia glasses are unhealthily thick.