I don't even know what direction gaming is going

#21wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 4:47:17 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
wavvvves posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Gaming died around 10 years ago

THIS!!!^
But for me it died after that cod4, gears of war, halo 3 era which imo was gold. I truly do miss those days.
At least i'm not alone. Everyone at my school seems to think this is by far the best time for gaming. But then again, these same people consider iphone games equivalent to pc/console video games.

I wish these damn kids would get off my lawn!! Where's my abacus?

I was playing a videogame today...zombie gaming?!? OMG!!

My first console was the Atari 8600, I've owned every console past the Super NES/Genesis era, and I think the complaints listed here are laughable. There's a lot of guides on the internet to navigate these damn confusing "betas" and "tablet implementation" but since I know 8 year olds that have no problem I don't know if reading a guide would help.

Meh

Halo 3, cod 4, gears, oblivion, was the golden age for me before the Dlc trend took over

Oblivion... you are now my pal.<3 Oblivion and morrowind were just... perfect.
#22MixorzPosted 7/30/2014 4:57:46 PM
I've been gaming since 1986, and I think games are better now than they've ever been.

In your so called "golden age" there was still a bunch of shovelware and bad games. It's not unique to this gen. Technology has changed and thus, gaming will change with it. You either adapt, or find a new hobby if you cannot.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#23Laylow12Posted 7/30/2014 5:00:13 PM
It's going well for Sony; very, very well.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 5:01:43 PM
Mixorz posted...
I've been gaming since 1986, and I think games are better now than they've ever been.

In your so called "golden age" there was still a bunch of shovelware and bad games. It's not unique to this gen. Technology has changed and thus, gaming will change with it. You either adapt, or find a new hobby if you cannot.

You realize you basically just said I was wrong for having an opinion and that your opinion is a fact?....
Like most people, i have hobbies outside of gaming. But that has nothing to do with having to adapt or move on and stop playing the old ones. I like gaming hence why I ranted about this. Perhaps modern day just isn't for me. I'm 22 btw, I haven't been gaming since atari.
#25wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 5:02:31 PM
Laylow12 posted...

No it isn't, I have a ps4. It literally has NO games.
#26trostolPosted 7/30/2014 5:04:19 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Gaming is dead.
People only say gaming is better because graphics improved, thats all.

pretty much this..far less memorable games or must have games since ..5th/6th gen really
#27Garage_ManPosted 7/30/2014 5:09:08 PM
wavvvves posted...
Laylow12 posted...

No it isn't, I have a ps4. It literally has NO games.

Yep, maybe Sony is selling more consoles but as a pure gaming system the Vita is a much better platform. It is actually refreshing to own after owning the PS3 for years. The PS4 is just the PS3 continued.
#28wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 5:11:21 PM
I think the next gen consoles should have been 4k 120fps out of the box and instead of doing stupid things like the kinect, they should have been working on ways to do things like destruction (remember red faction 1?) and shells, bodies, etc. to never dissapear.
#29wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 5:12:52 PM
Where is conkers bad fur day arcade too btw? That is NOT hard to add and lots of people want it.
#30garydavexxxPosted 7/30/2014 5:17:30 PM
wavvvves posted...
Where is conkers bad fur day arcade too btw? That is NOT hard to add and lots of people want it.

Ahh the first truly filthy game I ever owned. I don't think we will ever see this rereleased unfortunately. Games of this nature generate a lot of bad press due to their content and MS don't need that right now
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.