EA game Beta's

#1Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/30/2014 8:14:04 PM
So everyone likes Beta's, right? People were excited for the Titanfall beta to let people play before the game came out and the new Battlefield games Beta. They were free downloads. you only needed XBLG. but now do you think that will no longer be an option unless you have EA's sub on top of your gold sub? They will only offer Beta's now to people who are paying EA a sub fee and those that don't will just have to wait even though previously they got to play betas?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#2kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 8:20:48 PM
Who knows, who cares, a beta is a demo pretty much. The free trial they're doing are for a week or weekend before release to both entice you to pay for the service and to get you to buy the new game. Beta testing is typically done to test the servers with a huge rush of players jumping in. I don't like betas all that much personally, try ruin the rush of a new game coming out.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3imjustdatnicePosted 7/30/2014 8:24:58 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
So everyone likes Beta's, right? People were excited for the Titanfall beta to let people play before the game came out and the new Battlefield games Beta. They were free downloads. you only needed XBLG. but now do you think that will no longer be an option unless you have EA's sub on top of your gold sub? They will only offer Beta's now to people who are paying EA a sub fee and those that don't will just have to wait even though previously they got to play betas?

that's what I'm wondering. That when the program fully launches are EA betas or demos gonna be pay to access at all? By title? Or EA access exclusive?

I am also wondering by the terms that the 5 days early access are actually going to be full game acces? Or limited trial? Or limited game modes? Because the terms said all those games you get early access to are susceptible to those terms and EA determines what early access program is for each game.
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), Payday 2 (PS3), Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, Watchdogs(PS4), TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#4kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 8:31:26 PM
imjustdatnice posted...

that's what I'm wondering. That when the program fully launches are EA betas or demos gonna be pay to access at all? By title? Or EA access exclusive?

I am also wondering by the terms that the 5 days early access are actually going to be full game acces? Or limited trial? Or limited game modes? Because the terms said all those games you get early access to are susceptible to those terms and EA determines what early access program is for each game.

I had EA sports season pass last gen. They gave us 3 days of the full game.....so they say. On ncaa 14 they didn't give us ultimate team mode however, franchise and season all worked and saves transferred when the game was released. I just used it to create rosters ahead of time but it's usually the full games.
---
#5imjustdatnicePosted 7/30/2014 8:38:54 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
imjustdatnice posted...

I had EA sports season pass last gen. They gave us 3 days of the full game.....so they say. On ncaa 14 they didn't give us ultimate team mode however, franchise and season all worked and saves transferred when the game was released. I just used it to create rosters ahead of time but it's usually the full games.

That's cool then. I am a big sports fan and usually grab Madden and NHL yearly (don't shoot me) so this seems like it may be worth it. I wouldn't mind if all new games early access were to full games cuz then I wouldn't feel like I was paying for demos.
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), Payday 2 (PS3), Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, Watchdogs(PS4), TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#6Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 8:45:24 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
cuz then I wouldn't feel like I was paying for demos.

but the thing is before, we didn't have to pay EA to play demos/beta's until now.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#7kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 8:47:15 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
imjustdatnice posted...

That's cool then. I am a big sports fan and usually grab Madden and NHL yearly (don't shoot me) so this seems like it may be worth it. I wouldn't mind if all new games early access were to full games cuz then I wouldn't feel like I was paying for demos.

I've never skipped a Madden or ncaa. Unless Madden blows me away I might skip it and use the updated rosters people made. I wasn't thrilled with the gameplay footage I found on YouTube so far. Nhl has my interest and I might try nba live even though it can't touch 2k. Really wish they did ncaa but they screwed that up.
---
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/30/2014 8:48:52 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
cuz then I wouldn't feel like I was paying for demos.

but the thing is before, we didn't have to pay EA to play demos/beta's until now.

They'll still make demos for free I imagine. They had them for fifa and nba live I know. They just won't be out before release probably.
---