For those skeptical about the EA vault...

#1N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/30/2014 10:42:34 PM
Don't buy the pass unless you are going to get your money's worth.

People are acting like this new digital distribution and subscription service are taking the place of physical copies. It's an extra feature, added to what is already there.

Is it beneficial for most people to subscribe at this very instant? No. It likely won't be beneficial (for the typical consumer) until next year, or the year after, once more titles are released, and by then it should have increased value.

People forget the heavy hitters EA publishes. Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield, Crysis (which we might never see again) Titanfall, The Sims, Dead Space, Need For Speed series, and many more, not to mention new franchises that will come out in the future and be published by EA.

Yeah obviously there are drawbacks. Like quitting the service takes away the games the service provides (who the hell does that?). But essentially is just like MS & Sonys free game system (and with EA having their own, you need not worry about an EA game taking up one of the GwG games anymore). By the 4th or 5th year of this being available, you could also potentially have great value in this subscription

So until you think it's worth it, hold off. You don't lose anything by not signing up now, other than possibly saving a few bucks if you like or plan on getting more than one of the listed games.

On an ending note, this is going to be considered by the casual crowd that doesn't know how shady EA is, as a pretty good feature. Just like how people continue to buy Call of Duty every year, people do the same with Madden and enjoy buying it every year. Being able to access games up to 5 days before release is a pretty big deal no matter who does it, even if it is only for 2 hours. Pre loading the game like that also could help to promote digital sales as well. Which can be seen as either good or bad to some people.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#2DonVito1990Posted 7/30/2014 10:51:04 PM
I remain skeptical.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/30/2014 10:57:56 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
But essentially is just like MS & Sonys free game system (and with EA having their own, you need not worry about an EA game taking up one of the GwG games anymore)

but this diminishes the value of XBLG yet not changing the price to match it. I doubt the discounts with this service will stack with the sales that occur on xbox live. This service essentially removes EA games that would have been on sale on xbox live gold and you have to sub to a new service to get discounts on those games. and unlike xblg where discounts could potentially be over 66% off EA discounts seem to be at a fixed 10% off. Also we need to consider that Beta's for EA games (say Titanfall 2) will now be locked behind this new premium subscription. so whereas with Titanfall one all you needed was xblg to get access to beta now you need both xblg and EA sub to access it.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#4Sith JediPosted 7/30/2014 11:15:10 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
But essentially is just like MS & Sonys free game system (and with EA having their own, you need not worry about an EA game taking up one of the GwG games anymore)

but this diminishes the value of XBLG yet not changing the price to match it. I doubt the discounts with this service will stack with the sales that occur on xbox live. This service essentially removes EA games that would have been on sale on xbox live gold and you have to sub to a new service to get discounts on those games. and unlike xblg where discounts could potentially be over 66% off EA discounts seem to be at a fixed 10% off. Also we need to consider that Beta's for EA games (say Titanfall 2) will now be locked behind this new premium subscription. so whereas with Titanfall one all you needed was xblg to get access to beta now you need both xblg and EA sub to access it.

That's a whole lot of assumptions.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#5D1TremerePosted 7/30/2014 11:19:30 PM
Every year something new happens to take more and give less, and every single time someone says it's no big deal. That is why we are losing, because we're giving everything up inch by inch.
EA is always at the front of this, charging for cheat codes and game access, trying to take more while giving less each time.
---
3DS FC: 2251-4994-6116, X-Box One Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#6PulpPosted 7/31/2014 1:01:31 AM
EA...It's in the game! (...if you pay extra)
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#7NeoMonkPosted 7/31/2014 1:05:42 AM
Thank you EA employee... I'll keep that in mind ;)
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#8XtremeclanPosted 7/31/2014 1:29:35 AM
I like the sound of it, but not sure if I'll go for it... Main thing is whatever games are on there how long will they actually be on there for?
---
GameFAQs... So easy a caveman could do it.
GT: One Called Rich... Steam: One Called Rich
#9Rdeal2Posted 7/31/2014 1:32:13 AM(edited)
How can people see this as a negative? I don't own Battlefield which cost 55 on the store so i can pay 20 and play it for a year along with other games .
I buy all my games digitally and each EA game i buy while having access saves me 5 so i only have to buy 4 EA games and i have my money back.
The only way i would see this as a bad thing is if i was a Sony fanboy butthurt that it's not on my console
#10N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 7:28:38 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
How can people see this as a negative? I don't own Battlefield which cost 55 on the store so i can pay 20 and play it for a year along with other games .
I buy all my games digitally and each EA game i buy while having access saves me 5 so i only have to buy 4 EA games and i have my money back.
The only way i would see this as a bad thing is if i was a Sony fanboy butthurt that it's not on my console

Well like I was saying, for right now, as of this very moment, the games it's offering are only going to appeal to a select few out of...say like 20 people. But probably 2-3 years from now that number of people this sub based program will appeal to will probably be more like 2-3 out of every 10. The more and more games they add to the program, the larger the install base will get. That's a no brainer.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5